Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to Dog Training Ireland?

• 26-04-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I loved that place and thought they were doing some great work. Why are they closed, does anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

nemo32 wrote: »
    I loved that place and thought they were doing some great work. Why are they closed, does anyone know??

Oh no, are you serious? Have they closed down :( fab place, lovely girls and brill products. Although I lose track of the years but they must be in business ages? I first went to them a good 6 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

They have closed down, saying they try to reopen it but now looking for a diffrent place. TBH doesnt look good

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

They have closed down, saying they try to reopen it but now looking for a diffrent place. TBH doesnt look good

So a premises thing, wonder why the place they had didn't work out, it was prefect. Poor doggies :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Have they been closed down long? That's terrible. :(

They have gone into liquidation, not sure if they will be open again .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

oh really, I thought the business was doing great. Suppose you never can tell. Such
    a pity :-(

But was it not the case that one of the girls took it over with her other company AniEd? That's what I got told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I have my dog in there regularly. got a text with a weblink explaining that Dog Training Ireland Ltd was no longer running the business and it had been taken over by AniEd Ltd. Also owned by Tara Choules.

It stated that they cease trading on 4th April at 6.30pm. but Daycare should reopen on 7th April April.

Was this not the case? Is daycare not open?

no they closed completly. Oliver has moved out already too.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I used to do agility here and I think the agility was the first to fall apart (the agility trainer set up his own course closer to where he lives).

At the time, I was a person going full time to these agility classes and I did not get a text, call or anything to say it had closed. I turned up for my agility class one day and the place was a ghost down! As I live 45 mins away, I was very disappointed that they didn't bother informing their customers!

Still, very sad to see it go! There is no other agility like it in Dublin.

• Advertisement

But was it not the case that one of the girls took it over with her other company AniEd? That's what I got told.

Somebody told me it had gone into liquidation and i looked it up .......

http://www.vision-net.ie/Company-Info/Dog-Training-Ireland-Dti-Limited-391164

RiskWatch MEETING OF CREDITORS
    Took place on 25/04/2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

I was a regular user of DTI and I’m gutted that they have gone. Yes, DTI went in liquidation and was taken over by AniED, but employing the same staff. During my dogs last visit to daycare their, Tara asked me to give my name and details if I wished to continue on with the new company. That weekend I received an email to say that the daycare would not be continuing on in the same building (I’m guessing due to rent cost) and that they were hoping to open again in a new facility. That was a few weeks ago with no update since. I really hope they do open again asap as my dog loved going for the social interaction and boost in confidence it gave her. Also, and more importantly, for the sake of the lovely staff who have lost their jobs! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carrollreid

ClubDead wrote: »
    Yes, DTI went in liquidation and was taken over by AniED

DTI was not taken over by AniEd. It has however, gone into liquidation, unfortunately.

DTI was not taken over by AniEd. It has however, gone into liquidation, unfortunately.

Really?because they actually emailed everyone and told them AniEd had taken over.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

peteb2 wrote: »
    Really?because they actually emailed everyone and told. As them AniEd had taken over.

AniEd is a separate company to DTI, with a different set of raisons d'etre... They train dog training instructors, but not dogs in a direct sense.
    Whilst AniEd continues to trade as an educational organisation, it is my understanding that they are trading in the same way that they always have, in a different premises, and will not be taking over DTI.

peteb2 wrote: »
    Really?because they actually emailed everyone and told them AniEd had taken over.

true

Dear Loyal Customer,
    It is with deep regret and sadness we must inform you that on Friday the 4th of April at 6.30pm, Dog Training Ireland Ltd. will cease to trade.
    Daycare should re-open on Monday the 7th of April under AniEd Ltd. Should you wish to avail of Daycare, please either text or email the following: with your name and dog’s name. Dog Training Ireland assures you that AniEd Ltd. will continue to provide the same high standard of care to your dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Yikes, I thought for a moment this was about Top Dog Training and was about to rejoice to the lords and lordesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

Very sad to hear. They trained our dogs (and us too!) Sorry to hear. Damn this recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

nicnac wrote: »
    Very sad to hear. They trained our dogs (and us too!) Sorry to hear. Damn this recession.

They've opened a new centre in Rosemount under AniEd.

Was the recession to blame though? I like a good few others I know wasn't happy with the service I was receiving and voted with my feet.

tk123 wrote: »
    They've opened a new centre in Rosemount under AniEd.

Was the recession to blame though? I like a good few others I know wasn't happy with the service I was receiving and voted with my feet.

Great news! I'd say the recession was to blame, yes. People just don't have the money to pamper pooches anymore, like us.

We haven't used them for a year but the training they got from Tara, Lisa & crew has stood by them. We enjoyed their classes as well as the dogs and have fond memories.

• Advertisement

Prices now seem a bit out of touch with what people have to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The prices are in line with other daycares I think? Disappointing though that they're still using cages - I'd worry that the dogs would spend a lot of time confined? I stopped using them for various reasons - the cages being one of them.

We had our dogs in daycare with them and did a few unannounced drop ins. The only time they used the cages was for sleep time. They weren't cages as such, they were small enclosed spaces with comfy bedding for them to rest in.

Advertisement