Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tractor Tyres

• 26-04-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin to get one (possibly for free, or cheapest possible)

Have been looking on adverts/donedeal and the ones I'm seeing either don't seem heavy enough or are being sold as second hand reusable (with a hefty cost).

Anyone have a heavy tyre they need gotten rid of?

E: Tyre will be used for strongman training. So something sizeable is needed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Does it have to be in Dublin?
    You're going to need a van or trailer to bring it home anyway, so perhaps you might have better luck looking further afield.
    Tractor/heavy plant dealerships and tyre fitters in rural areas would be likely places to look, and many farmers' yards would have an old tractor or truck tyre knocking about.

Also, the disposal of waste tyres is controlled by legislation (S.I. No. 664/2007 - Waste Management (Tyres and Waste Tyres) Regulations 2007), so a dealership or tyre fitter may be unwilling/unable to help out unless you're 'buying' a tyre for 'reuse'. ;)

Also also, be very careful of old damaged tyres. Wire poking out of a damaged carcass is dangerous stuff, and old tyres that have been knocking about outside in the weather for years will be crumbly and filthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Would a big super single be big annof? Should be allot of them floating about in big truck tyre centers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

If your looking for the real heavy tires that they seem to use in the comps on tv its more of an industrial loader or artic dump truck tyre you're looking for. In that case you may find one in some of the big plant companies in or around dublin, there's a few out around kingwoods cross on n7 or in around ballymount industrial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Rovi wrote: »
    Does it have to be in Dublin?
    You're going to need a van or trailer to bring it home anyway, so perhaps you might have better luck looking further afield.
    Tractor/heavy plant dealerships and tyre fitters in rural areas would be likely places to look, and many farmers' yards would have an old tractor or truck tyre knocking about.

Also, the disposal of waste tyres is controlled by legislation (S.I. No. 664/2007 - Waste Management (Tyres and Waste Tyres) Regulations 2007), so a dealership or tyre fitter may be unwilling/unable to help out unless you're 'buying' a tyre for 'reuse'. ;)

Also also, be very careful of old damaged tyres. Wire poking out of a damaged carcass is dangerous stuff, and old tyres that have been knocking about outside in the weather for years will be crumbly and filthy.
    Theres plenty of tractor dealerships in Dublin.I'm in Dublin, we have no waste tyres atm but if I come across one I'll let you know.

Advertisement