Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bonus Pts system this season?????

• 26-04-2014 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭

So lads,remember there was intense debate in Aug/Sept about how Central Defenders seemed to be favoured by the new BPS system....been devils advocate...come on the stattos out there?...did that come true???...personally I found likes of Zabaleta and Coleman were best def pts scorers when fit....and performing MF like Lallana got loads of pts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The big losers in this have been the midfield players that aren't heavily involved in the goals. Where in previous ones the likes of Parker were able to get involved with great performances, you usually need to contribute with the goals this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

CSF wrote: »
    The big losers in this have been the midfield players that aren't heavily involved in the goals. Where in previous ones the likes of Parker were able to get involved with great performances, you usually need to contribute with the goals this year.

But......there was knowledgable players saying that we all could forget about playing any FB players as CBs would Hoover up the pts.... At the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

But......there was knowledgable players saying that we all could forget about playing any FB players as CBs would Hoover up the pts.... At the back.

Depends on the team tbh. Terry has been a bonus point magnet for Chelsea. The same goes for Skrtel at Liverpool I'd imagine.

I also brought in Kompany this week as I have more faith in him picking up a goal or bps than Zab. Zab scored Monday night but it was Kompany that got bps.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

I make it 6/20 top scoring defenders from bonuses are full backs vs 14 centre backs. CBs definitely more likely for bonuses in low scoring games than anyone else that doesnt score/assist. Must be some aerial duels or clearances thing in their algorithm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Which was and is true.

Terry - 26
    Baines - 26
    Mertesacker - 21
    Koscienly - 21
    Coleman - 20
    Fonte - 21
    Caulker - 19
    Evra - 18
    Skrtel - 16
    Cahill - 16

There's the top 10 BP totals from defenders. 7 CB's, 3 FB's.
    rosskind wrote: »
    I make it 6/20 top scoring defenders from bonuses are full backs vs 14 centre backs. CBs definitely more likely for bonuses in low scoring games than anyone else that doesnt score/assist. Must be some aerial duels or clearances thing in their algorithm.

Yup, that and pass completion rates. Those CB's that are not playing in hoof ball teams will have pass completion rates well into the 90%'s most games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Maybe they should split midfielders into two groups, defensive and attacking. Defensive midfielders get 3 points for a clean sheet, and attacking midfielders lose the 1 point for clean sheets. Most DM's are pretty useless at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Agree DMs have it the worst with regards bonuses but I think it'll be grand(ish) when they play around with the system during the summer. This was the first year of it so it was bound to need a few tweaks.

Maybe attach more weight to tackles/interceptions for those players or something like that. Also don't just limit rewards for cleans sheets to the defenders. Soton back five, for example, got a load of BPS but the likes of Cork and Wanyama didn't even though they probably contributed to it.

Advertisement