Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Questions for UCAS course

Options
  • 27-04-2014 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of doing a course next year in queens and I've a few questions...

1 The entry requirements for the course go like this: B2B2B2B2B2B2/AB2B2B2B2 + if not offered at Higher Level then Ordinary Level grade B in Mathematics.
    Since I'm taking 7 subjects , and if I got the B2s in the 6 subjects but in HL maths I got a C or a D, does it matter if I didn't do well in maths but got the B2s in the rest?

2.Also, what exactly does the following mean: "if not offered at Higher Level then Ordinary Level grade B in mathematics"? My school does teach HL maths but could I drop down to ordinary and get the B in ordinary instead of doing higher level?

3. Slightly different question. How does the personal statement work? If you do 'well' in the personal statement but not as good in the entry grade requirements could you still get into the course? Do references/predicted grades have much bearing on being selected for the course ?

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help me!

Advertisement