Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Virgin

Options
  • 27-04-2014 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

This is the first log I have done, so please bear with me :)

Before I put down me stats just thought I'd mention a few things about myself.

I am a 23 year old heavy smoker, and hardly do any excerise.

I went on Anti-D's and since then my weight has gone out of control, and it's about time I took that control back. I'm stronger today then I have ever being, and decided that this is the time to take some control back.

This is my first log, but its more on an introduction log, and i am way to embarrassed to put up a now picture :(

So here it goes:
    Female
    Age 23 (24 in June)
    Height: 5ft 3
    Weight 157lb 73kg
    Fat: 33.4%
    Water: 48.6%
    BMI: 28.9

I haven't actually started my fitness regime yet but here is what I want to do:
    For first week.
    Walk for at least 2 hours 5 days a week
    Do a at home full cardio workout 5 days a week.

The thing I am lost now on is food.
    The main things I am going to cut out is the sugar/ man made carbos and go from there.

Any one with any suggestion or advice please let me know.

I have never being this size in my life, and I am just a bit overwhelmed.

And hopefully my next log will be more informative with work outs et

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

I would suggest something to help motivate you like do it with a friend or get a dog that likes to be walked. On the food, one thing I have done (not for a diet reason, just decided) is to keep an ice cold bottle of water in the fridge at all times. That way, you will prefer to drink the water than any fizzy drinks. Just force the water on yourself. And if you have success in the walking, water works better than anything to relieve fatigue and quench thirst.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭helliwen

Best of luck! The first steps are always the most difficult. I'd suggest making yourself a list now of all the reasons you're starting this healthier regime and put it somewhere that you can see it - it could help on more difficult days.
    As I'm sure you know, exercise and good nutrition can have a huge effect on mood disorders as well - getting off the sugar rollercoaster is a great start. Try to stick as much as possible to simple real foods - meat, fish, eggs, dairy, fruit and vegetables, as fresh as possible, as much variety as possible. There's lots of good information in the stickies on the nutrition and diet forum here.
    Feel free to pm me - I've been down the anti-D road so I might be able to relate.

Advertisement