Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluebells

Options
  • 27-04-2014 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Bluebell Woods.
    DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Where abouts is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

toe_knee wrote: »
    Where abouts is this?

Small private wood . I have cut the small scrub under the trees for the past few years to make it more of a woodland and give better access .It is an oasis of calm in this mad world . I like Bluebells and my wife likes Poppies :o

Bog Man 1 wrote: »
    Small private wood . I have cut the small scrub under the trees for the past few years to make it more of a woodland and give better access .It is an oasis of calm in this mad world . I like Bluebells and my wife likes Poppies :o

Fair play, it looks great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 2sweetpeas

Clogrennane Woods is covered in Bluebells and it is public. Worth a look!

2sweetpeas wrote: »
    Clogrennane Woods is covered in Bluebells and it is public. Worth a look!

Haven't been up there in years. Might pay a visit this weekend with the camera :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ballynakelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Yes, I was just walking through such a woodland earlier today - a haze of blue carpet. I'm told the NW flank of Tomduff Hill is a great place for bluebells, except in this case they grow in the open. Must have been woodland once?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Altamont at bluebell time, pure magic. The rhododenrons reflecting in the lake, another beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Was out in oakpark over the weekend and there were some lovely patches of bluebells out there, nothing like the above but nice all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/367692/306023.jpg

Clogrennane this morning. The camera phone probably doesn't do it justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

I tried to embed the attached photos on return home but unfortunately it's beyond me. If a mod wishes to to do so please feel free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mitch2012

courtown woods also have lovely bluebells, was there last week

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Smashing photos, Tom

For some reason the photo will not show up but here is a link to a photo I took of the bluebells in Jenkinstown Woods in Kilkenny

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152110083277499&l=1fa0e494d2

Advertisement