Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best plan for a frequent roamer and international caller?

Options
  • 27-04-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    My 24 month contract with Vodafone just expired this week. I've been paying €55 a month for Unltd calls/texts, 2gb data and 100 worldwide minutes and texts. This covered me very well and I never really went over the €55 other than if I had to call 1890 numbers or went roaming, in which case it was only €2.99 for 100mb of data and was free to call, text and receive calls within that €2.99 aswell. This was great for me as I roam frequently enough and it's essential that I can still use data etc for business.

I know in the last 24 months, prices have become extremely competitive and now you can get unlimited everything and usage in the UK or where Three are as home for only €24.60 inc VAT http://www.three.ie/business/plans/business-sim-only/ for a sim only rolling monthly plan.

Vodafone also offer exactly what I have at the moment for €20 less (35 per month inc VAT) if I get into a 12 month contract: http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phonesAndPlans/phonesAndPlansHome.jsp?reset=true&subPage=plans&planType=paySim&gclid=CL_b6ZC0gL4CFaVZ2wodkgIAVQ

Although I'd ideally like to stay out of a long contract, and if I AM getting into one, maybe I'd be better off getting a phone and selling it on while I'm at it for a few quid extra a month?

Then there's the other networks who offer really cheap rolling monthly sim only plans but I'd be afraid that their costs for roaming and international calls would beef my bill up to far more than €24.60 or even €35 a month. I do roam outside of THREE areas and to be honest, I'm not too sure about going with three in terms of coverage and reliability either..

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate hearing them :)

Advertisement