Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland v Cardiff - 12pm - Sky Sports 1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

blueser wrote: »
    Watching Cardiff crumble today, how the fcuk did we lose to them early in the season?

Always happens early in the season with newly promoted sides mate. I always want to avoid any newly promoted teams, especially at their place, for the first couple of months of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Poyetic justice

Sue them for what? For pretending to be relegation candidates?

For field an ineligible player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

it was an administrative error and has been dealt with by league - he was more a liability to Sunderland than a help if i remember

We should be awarded points for playing him considering how bad he was for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Does Conor Wickham qualify to play for Republic of Ireland, says on Wiki that his father is from Northern Ireland

Lennonist wrote: »
    Does Conor Wickham qualify to play for Republic of Ireland, says on Wiki that his father is from Northern Ireland

Aye, he does. Highly doubt he has any interest in playing for O'Neill or Keane though given his experiences with both of them, firstly at Ipswich with Keane and then Sunderland with O'Neill.

In any case he's a regular at U-21 level for England and will win a cap or two if he keeps banging them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Paully D wrote: »
    Aye, he does. Highly doubt he has any interest in playing for O'Neill or Keane though given his experiences with both of them, firstly at Ipswich with Keane and then Sunderland with O'Neill.

In any case he's a regular at U-21 level for England and will win a cap or two if he keeps banging them in.

If he's not interested he can stick it.

Wonder if Cardiff, Fulham or Norwich will pursue legal action against the league and Sunderland?

I hope they don't but Cardiff's owner is an oddball and Fulham have a history of odd lawsuits.

Even if they do it won't make a difference. The decision has been made.

The matter was actually brought up by Sunderland and Ji was registered on the Premier League's published squads list, he just didn't have an International Transfer Certificate. The exact rule from the Premier League handbook is below:

BmWQMZwIMAAVh3i.jpg

I said at the time that I thought we probably should have been deducted points and if it was another club in the same situation I would have been going mental, that would be my opinion and it still stands, but a decision was made by the Premier League who felt different and clearly state in their handbook that they have the discretion to make a decision other than docking points in cases of International Transfer Certificates (or lack of).

In any case, even if they had deducted points, the most points we could have been deducted is one as per that handbook picture (a 1-1 draw at Southampton). I kind of hope we stay up by one point now just to see the meltdown :pac: though we're just as likely to still go down anyway.

It's interesting that the outpourings of anger are only starting now though. There was hardly anything said from anyone concerned when the story broke and we were 6 or 7 points off safety :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

It's a good job at least of these teams might stay up. If both of the teams with Korean players got relegated, they'd probably stop showing it on TV here completely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement