Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Online for Work; Should I give CV into Store Anyway?

Options
  • 27-04-2014 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

So as the thread title explains, I recently applied for a job online in a McDonald's store in Ireland. All applications were received online but i'm considering popping into the store with a CV and Cover Letter anyway just so I mightn't be 'another face in the crowd'.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How is it usually taken up?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I wouldn't bother if you have already applied online and id doubt that the CVs would be handled by the restauant itself if you had to apply online in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

pauliebdub wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother if you have already applied online and id doubt that the CVs would be handled by the restauant itself if you had to apply online in the first place.

Thanks for that, I had that feeling too. Just hope my application is given a chance at this stage. Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Just applied online too for a Crew Member job in my local restaurant. anyone have any experience working in McDonalds? I'm 17 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Just applied online too for a Crew Member job in my local restaurant. anyone have any experience working in McDonalds? I'm 17 btw.

one of the worst places to ever work in
    specially night shift if your store is 24 hour :pac: people go work their just to experience how bad the work is so when they get a less ****tier job they will appreciate it more :pac:

seriously though, its a horrible place to work, specially at night when you have drunken d*ckheads shouting at you for fries when your trying to change the menu over to breakfast

decent money though, pay rises quite fast if your working their a few months
    but I would only ever work their while looking for other work, id never plan on staying with them or even having a career with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    one of the worst places to ever work in
    specially night shift if your store is 24 hour :pac: people go work their just to experience how bad the work is so when they get a less ****tier job they will appreciate it more :pac:

seriously though, its a horrible place to work, specially at night when you have drunken d*ckheads shouting at you for fries when your trying to change the menu over to breakfast

decent money though, pay rises quite fast if your working their a few months
    but I would only ever work their while looking for other work, id never plan on staying with them or even having a career with them

what age were you when you worked there and how long did you stay?

• Advertisement
Advertisement