Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 65's activities

Options
  • 27-04-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello, I moved to Galway City with my husband in the last couple of years, and would like to know of activites such as travel, art and crafts and any social activities for the over 65's. Any ideas please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

This might be a good starting point: http://www.activeirl.ie/6/find-your-local-group.html

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nancybee

Thanks I'll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Hi Nancybee, my Mum is a member of the Active Retirement Association in Renmore and really enjoys it. She made lots of friends there after moving to Galway some years ago and has a great social life because of it. The group meets every Thursday morning and also has bowls matches a few times a week. They often have days out, and organise holidays in Ireland and abroad. From what I gather, new members are always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nancybee

E4E
    thank you very much. I'll try and get there in the next couple of weeks, and
    see what's what.
    Thank you again
    N Bee

Advertisement