Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava-like functionality comes to Garmin Connect

Options
  • 27-04-2014 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed yesterday that Garmin seems to have added a segment creator and leaderboard functionality to Garmin Connect. Interesting for those of us who never adopted Strava (in my case out of sheer laziness). I created a segment from a charity race I participated in yesterday (I'm really just showing off that I'm on top!):

304687.jpg

Look forward to adding some of the nearby hills and popular running stretches.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What is this and how do you do it?

I don't see any option for this.

Are you on the "New" connect?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes, I'm on the new Garmin Connect. If you look at an activity, the segment options are just underneath the map.

Here's DCM's Heartbreak Hill.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I obviously don't have that feature yet, still on the old version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Nice find. Still prefer Strava thou!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

It's no Strava! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

blockic wrote: »
    It's no Strava! ;)

It can't do this yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    It can't do this yet!
    That rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

adrian522 wrote: »
    I obviously don't have that feature yet, still on the old version

:confused:
    It's the garmin connect website, yes? How can only some users have this feature if it's online, not a downloaded app/program?
    :confused:

Edit - Aha, found out why !! ( I'm just too lazy it seems!! )

From Garmin connect forum -

Exclamation Important Information regarding Modern View Upgrade and Feature Enhancements
    We wanted to provide an update to everyone regarding the rollout of our new Modern View of Garmin Connect. We are in the process of providing access to this new exciting look to our most active users and will expand this rollout over the next several months. In addition, we will continue to expand and refresh the features Garmin Connect has to offer to our customer base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Suunto Ambit watches are now compatible with Strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I just upload to both Strava and Connect, I use Strava the for the segments and such and Connect as my main training log.

Strava has few users where I am (Mayo), and Connect has even less, so I'll probably stick with using both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement