Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Help

Options
  • 27-04-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I've an anxiety disorder and I've been given a CBT link to download. The only thing is I've no idea how to download anything. When I open up the link, there's three different "download" buttons, aswell as "get this torrent" ones... But whenever I click any of them it just starts downloading some software things (iLivid and Premium Installer).

I was sent the link a year ago and spent aaaaaages trying to download it and eventually gave up.

I could post the link here but I'm not sure if Boards allows that?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm at my wit's end. Because it's a link for an anxiety thing I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone I know for help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

The link was possibly dead at the time you got it & was replaced by the software download by whatever service was hosting it. Do you know if the person that gave it to you was able to download it at the time? Best bet is just to give up & look for the information elsewhere, there's bound to be relevant stuff somewhere on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭skinny malinky

Custardpi wrote: »
    The link was possibly dead at the time you got it & was replaced by the software download by whatever service was hosting it. Do you know if the person that gave it to you was able to download it at the time? Best bet is just to give up & look for the information elsewhere, there's bound to be relevant stuff somewhere on the net.

It was the head of the anxiety group that gave it to me, so I'd say it was working a year ago 'cos he would have sent it to all the participants.
    I emailed him last week and he sent me out the exact same link, so it must be working... I'm obviously just slow! I got a couple of helpful suggestions by PM, I'm gonna give 'em a go and if they don't work I'll take your advice and look elsewhere.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭skinny malinky

This is now sorted. A very helpful user found the files online and mailed them to me. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Advertisement