Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 27-04-2014 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

Received a yellow card (which has resulted in a bad) in the soccer forum for a comment that was misconstrued by a mod.

My comment was in relation to Jose Mourinho being bad for football in terms of his tactics and game plan.

It was picked up as being a personal attack on him which it was not.

Can this be looked at as I believe it to be extremely harsh.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You picked up a yellow card - if that is upheld your ban automatically follows for your 3 yellows this season (actually in about 2 and a half months)

Before looking at that yellow though can you please confirm whether you have discussed your card with the mod, and if the mod has as a result confirmed they will not be overturning it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I discussed it briefly with the Mod (Mickeroo). He wasn't overly forthcoming and told me to take it here.

It's quite obvious from my post and the timing of the post that it was in a footballing context and not a personal context.

It wasn't a personal insult to Mr Mourinho 100% and Mod himself knows that also.

It posted during Chelsea's persistent time wasting, in my previous post I questioned why the referee was not issuing a yellow card.

I stated Mourinho was a Cancer to football and that he was rotten to the core, in a footballing context. Both tactically and gamesmanship.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That is not a "footballing context". If someone referred to you or anyone else in the same way you or they could quite rightly consider it abusive. You made no reference to "a footballing context" in your post and that would not stack up anyway. It was aimed at the individual and was abusive. That's against the Soccer Fourm Charter

Yellow card and resultant ban upheld.

You may ask an Admin to review this if you wish

I won't appeal it any further. I know the context I meant it in, that's all that matters.

You and Mickeroo are assuming it was in another context which is top class moderating. Basing on assumption.

I won't appeal it any further. I know the context I meant it in, that's all that matters.

You and Mickeroo are assuming it was in another context which is top class moderating. Basing on assumption.
    It was based on a simple reading of what you wrote, which is all we have to go on. I would suggest a very different choice of words next time.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    It was based on a simple reading of what you wrote, which is all we have to go on. I would suggest a very different choice of words next time.

Surely the words I wrote have to be taken into context of the thread and the timing of the post.

It was during Chelsea's persistant time wasting and my comments were about Mourinho's effect on football his negative tactics.

It was genuinely not about him, it was in a footballing context.

You could have used some very different (non-abusive) teminology to get that point across. You chose not to. As already indicated I am upholding the card and resultant ban.

Do you want an Admin to review this?

Beasty wrote: »
    You could have used some very different (non-abusive) teminology to get that point across. You chose not to. As already indicated I am upholding the card and resultant ban.

Do you want an Admin to review this?

Could an Admin review it. If I meant anything by it I'd take my medicine but it a genuine comment.

My choice of words and delivery of it probably could have been better but surely the context of it and my initial comment shows that it was in a footballing context.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You claim you meant one thing, both the mod and CMod perceived it to be something else. To be honest, reading the post I fail to see how anyone could read it as anything other than abuse. In future, I suggest that if you mean to type something that could possibly be interpreted differently then you should be more explicit in your intent. Mods can only act on what they see on the screen in front of them, and in this case what was seen was abuse.

Yellow card and subsequent ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement