Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography in Trinity or Ucd or Nuim?

Options
  • 27-04-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm seriously thinking of studying geography in Trinity or Ucd next year. I'm in fifth year in secondary but I'd just like to know what people think of the courses. I would also consider Nuim too but it's a bit far away isn't it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DaniKoala

I don't know about the Geography courses in Trinity or UCD, but I'm in second year at NUIM.

The course itself is good, first year consists of 4 compulsory modules - 2 human and 2 physical geography. Second and third year have a good range of optional modules (if you want to teach geography i believe you have to take equal amounts human and physical modules, so you still have a good choice as the options are 50/50).

The Department is very strict - a pain in the ass at times but good for keeping you on top of things (or you'll fail!). Lecturers and tutors are generally good and willing to help.

And Maynooth is a great town, lovely people and atmosphere. Accommodation is the only problem I've had so far. Hope this helped :)

Advertisement