Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Lost Alpha

Options
  • 27-04-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭

So this popped up on Reddit today http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/243obx/stalker_lost_alpha_by_dezowave_download/

From what I gather it was a mod that was being made for Stalker that grew into a standalone. Here's what the people had to say.
    Dear Stalkers, welcome to The Zone once more!

We started to develop Lost Alpha in the summer of 2008. The project first started out as a modification to add back the cut levels which all Stalker fans knew of. After a while, it became more than just a modification, it became our dream game, how we saw S.T.A.L.K.E.R. We hope to give you the same feeling when you first played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. A new chapter with familiar elements without which S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would not be the game we all grew to love. Lost Alpha was a labour of love. We are passionate about it and we hope you all will enjoy it as much as we enjoyed creating it!

You can download the whole thing here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/news/stalker-lost-alpha-released

Here's the trailer -

Also the trailer is from old gameplay and has recently been updated.

As a Stalker fan i'm all over this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Have you tried it? Is it all new story line or remake? I am really tempted for some more Stalker!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Have you tried it? Is it all new story line or remake? I am really tempted for some more Stalker!

Not tried it myself (Downloading the 6gb now) But it's suppose to have a new story line.. From what I gather it was a mod that was turned into a full standalone download.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Let me know how you get on m8. If its a new Storyline, then I am up for it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Just pulling the torrent down now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Whoever downloads it first.. Would you give us an idea what its like?

I'm running off 2mb so i won't be done anytime soon :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ill crack into this after I finish dark souls 2

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Whoever downloads it first.. Would you give us an idea what its like?

I'm running off 2mb so i won't be done anytime soon :(

Finished downloading about 10 mins ago. I'll see about recording a video or two later tonight.

Ran around the Cordon a bit, it's STALKER I guess. There's an annoying bug right at the opening. If you loot a chest before you're prompted to you can't progress. The voice over on the opening video is painfully bad too.

Also I can't seem to enable any advanced graphics settings so it looks a bit rough. I'll get back to it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Plays like Stalker, looks like stalker.

Will give it another go morrow. There advanced video settings but its not a pretty game tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'd like to try it....but STALKER....is one of the only games where I want to like it but can't.

I've probably installed it 3-4 times and each time given it 2+ hours or decent playing. One of those times I remember I actually got quite far...well..it seemed that way. But I could never get into the hype.
    The start was what drove me mental, when you encounter the first group of bad guys...stealth is near impossible...and you've limited ammo...but even if you manage to sneak up near someone...2 bullets to the head doesn't even kill them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'd like to try it....but STALKER....is one of the only games where I want to like it but can't.

I've probably installed it 3-4 times and each time given it 2+ hours or decent playing. One of those times I remember I actually got quite far...well..it seemed that way. But I could never get into the hype.
    The start was what drove me mental, when you encounter the first group of bad guys...stealth is near impossible...and you've limited ammo...but even if you manage to sneak up near someone...2 bullets to the head doesn't even kill them.

Exactly. It's basically the anti-COD.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Plays like Stalker, looks like stalker.

Will give it another go morrow. There advanced video settings but its not a pretty game tbh.

There is also a LA options menu entry that dies nothing. Maybe its my installation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

1vKvc0A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

5uspect wrote: »
    There is also a LA options menu entry that dies nothing. Maybe its my installation.

The LA options was just for the devs when making the mod it will be removed in the up and coming patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Playing this at the moment.
    It's good to be back in the zone, if you enjoyed the original this is more of the same, just looks better and has a more open fiell to it. That's an illusion though, it's basically the same game just dressed up differently, different route through the zone rather than a different mission.It dose seem better balanced though, not as much 'thrown in the deep end' feeling as the first time but that might be because I a vet.
    Oh and it's got all the bugs we loved in the first one as well, crashes randomly, strange stuff happens for no good reason.
    If you loved STALKER SoC this is a good way to reminisce old times, and discover how bad you got at this style of game since the spoon fed fsp of late. If you hated the original, this wont do anything for you. If you never played a stalker game get this just to see what the fuss is about, it's free as in free beer.
    Oh are their patches yet for the bugs? I'm getting tired of the black screen and wondering will it recover or should I control-alt-del.

Advertisement