Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collection of Old bed Mattress

Options
  • 27-04-2014 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭

My parents have an old bed mattress and live in the Beaumont area (Dublin 5). What would be the best and most economically advantageous way to get rid of it. Dublin city council used to do these random collections of household rubbish/waste every now and then from homes around the locality. Does anyone know if they will be doing this again and will it be soon. If not where would be the best place to dispose it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I think they do it every five years or so in each area. The council gives fairly short notice though, I think to prevent people from other areas driving their rubbish over to be collected for free when they should really bring it to a tip and pay for it.

The DCC website has details of ways to dispose of stuff like this, but there's probably a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

You could drive to the Dump if you had a car. Probably around 15 quid charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

Depending on condition you could put on the free section of adverts.ie

Advertisement