Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private export firearm to the uk mainland

Options
  • 27-04-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Lookin for anyone that has experience regarding paperwork and shipping criteria in selling a firearm to someone in the uk

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Been a while but IIRC i needed:
    • The individual export form (fill it in and make sure it's marked as permanently exported)
    • Copy of the dealer's license you intend to send the gun to (i could not/was told i could not send it to an individual)
    • Send the completed form to the DoJ (address is on the bottom of the form)
    • Await export license
    • Fill in FCA1 to sub or FCA2 to cancel your current license when export license arrives. Use dealer details in section for where the gun is gone or reason for cancelling. Attach a copy of the dealers license if you wish.
    • Fax a copy of the export to the dealer, keep a copy for yourself, and send the original with the gun. (you only get one export so photocopy it yourself)
    • Find a courier/shipper that will send it for you. (i went through a courier my local dealer uses)

Now i doe this some years back. Over 5, under 8. Unless it's changed, or i've gotten it wrong, this should cover everything.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Cass, that info is correct. I've done something similar in the North a few years ago and a visitor permit for either you or the buyer and a willingness to travel on behalf of one of the involved parties eliminates the courier and dealer in that case.

Keep in mind that export licences have limited validity time wise.

Advertisement