Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Whiskey offers?

Options
  • 27-04-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Looking for a nice Irish Whiskey for a visitor - I'm not a whiskey drinker myself, so I'd appreciate if anyone knows a decent whiskey at a reasonable price please?
    Dunnes worth a look? What about Lidl and Aldi?

Tesco have a few whiskeys on special at the minute, but unfortunately the offer ends Tuesday and I won't be able to buy till Thursday..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

What sort of budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

What sort of budget?

Hiya - I should have been clearer in the OP,

I'm actually looking to spend as little as possible on a whiskey that won't blind or ruin the stomach of my guest - he's not fussy at all, and it will be drunk with a mixer, so not looking for 18 year old stuff or anything..

Just a regular Jameson / Bushmills etc, but i thought someone might pop in to suggest, say the Tyrconnell or Kilbeggan or one that's made specially for Aldi or Lidl or whatever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Clontarf whiskey from Aldi is apparently decent enough (this comes from someone who would usually drink Jameson or Bushmills).

Advertisement