Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tara 24/7 filling station Dock Road - empty tank but it didn't give full amount paid

• 27-04-2014 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Well pretty much what the title says. No credit note, no receipt and obviously nobody there to say it to. If I went to a manned prepay petrol station I would have been refunded straightaway. I'm so skint and I didn't even get my moneys worth of fuel :( and on top of Munster losing today too sniffle sniffle not a good day

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why are you telling us? :confused: Contact the management of the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

To see if anybody else experienced the same issue and maybe other people might like to know that they aren't operating properly.

Is that ok with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

Annoying alright, but I suppose just be glad you didn't decide to fill your tank and put €60 in or something!

Doesn't sound right that you didn't get some kind of receipt as proof that you were left out of pocket though, makes it a bit more difficult than it should be to refund customers. Customers have to ring up with no tangible proof that they were left short which probably means management having to go to the bother of checking security cameras and so on to verify a customers claim before issuing a refund. The issuing of a receipt from the machine would make it a much quicker and easier process for both customer and management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Whip out your phone and take a picture. It's better than nothing and should also note what time it was taken at. The station can then track the transaction.

Is it even possible to purchase €9.49 of fuel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Hanalei

No Pants wrote: »
    Whip out your phone and take a picture. It's better than nothing and should also note what time it was taken at. The station can then track the transaction.

Of course it is! Sure you can in put whatever you want with manual pumps. I very often used to fill a container with €2 of fuel to put into the lawnmower at home, a lot of pumps have a minimum transaction of €3 I think. Also; spot on with the phone/picture idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Does it allow you to specify another amount other than the specific options given, seemed to be no choice between €60 or €80...?

No Pants wrote: »

It would be with post pay pumps but with pre-pay it's up to the machine to stop when it's reached the amount..........but this pump cut off before reaching the amount paid.

Great idea but I didn't think of taking a picture!! Doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Did it definitely stop dispensing? Usually when I pre pay for petrol when it gets to within 50c or a euro it stops then slowly fills the last bit till it stops on the amount.

Did it definitely stop dispensing? Usually when I pre pay for petrol when it gets to within 50c or a euro it stops then slowly fills the last bit till it stops on the amount.

Yup it had definitely stopped. I've used prepay around the country and on the continent so I know what you mean when it starts to slow down etc.

I tried it a few more times after it stopped but the motor had cut off at the same time and nothing will pump out when that stops, so has to be a faulty tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Know of two people who had the same problem.

By all accounts the owner was easy to deal with in both cases, but it took between a week and ten days for money to get back into the peoples accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 BoloSpokoKolo

Off topic , but need to say that>

I went there once and i will never be back there again!!!

I have Ford Focus 1.6 EcoNetic Engine (Diesel), money saver engine but not when filling up on that station!
    Usually for €20 im getting 150-160 miles when filling at Apple Green at Ennis Road (Good Quality Diesel there), few times filled at Topaz at Dock Road and result was similar 140-150 miles (Good Enough Quality) , Went there last week, so as usual filled for €20 and result in miles was just 118 miles and that's it!

Mod Edit: I am sure you meant to say that the bits now edited from your post were "in your opinion".

But in future please don't make such claims about a business or the products it sells unless you have a verified link to back up your claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

you do know all petrol stations in Ireland gets fuel from the same wholesaler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    you do know all petrol stations in Ireland gets fuel from the same wholesaler?

Refinery, not wholesaler.

Some clean theirs with cat litter too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What happens if your car can't take the amount does it refund you on the spot

Surely they will have to open a shop to survive

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tommullane

They give a credit note that can be used the next time. With the cheapest petrol once they fix a few problem they will thrive. Noone will beat them at price seeing as they have less costs such as employee wages and all the costs coming with a shop aswell. I had a problem with them 2 months ago- pressed 40 euro limit and put in 30 euro. It took 40 out of my account, then took another 30 before eventually returning the original 40. (all lasted about a week). I dealt alot with the Managing Director (forget his name). Was extremely helpful and interested as they wanted to fix it ( I wasnt the only person that week). I get my petrol there or clarina since ( all depending where I'm passing )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Thought profit on petrol was very small so shop needed also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bigpink wrote: »
    Thought profit on petrol was very small so shop needed also

The margins on fuel are small compared to other products, but a set up like that on the Dock road would be making massive savings on the kind of costs a manned store would incur.

Unmanned or minimally manned fuel stations in other countries have proven that the model can be a profitable one, so no reason why the same could not apply in Limerick. With a regular customer base (and the correct behind the scenes work) then such a venture should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ripas18

i was filling up diesel for 60 and man from petrol station asked me do i wanna try new diesel i said yes why not itts better plus it cleans the dirt inside the tank. so he told me to cancel transaction and he said they wont charge you. so i did so i did another one for 60E and in total they charged me 120 :(( now im trying to get a custom service number but cant get it ,need to go back tomorrow with my receipt in to petrol station and see what they can do for me

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ripas18 wrote: »
    i was filling up diesel for 60 and man from petrol station asked me do i wanna try new diesel i said yes why not itts better plus it cleans the dirt inside the tank. so he told me to cancel transaction and he said they wont charge you. so i did so i did another one for 60E and in total they charged me 120 :(( now im trying to get a custom service number but cant get it ,need to go back tomorrow with my receipt in to petrol station and see what they can do for me

They should be up quite a few litres, so i'm sure they'll be able to refund you.

Just googled their new diesel, here's the info.

http://www.taraoil.ie/XMILEDiesel.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i had to fill up there the other day i dont like going there so i only put in 20

ive noticed that they no longer let you preset the amount.

so anyway i was filling up slowly to reach the 20.00
    but it jumped to 20.01 this happens some times so no biggie

until i was just checking my bank account and was a bit surprised to see 20.02 being charged.

i not going to ring them and complain over 1c but i dont think i'll be going back after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

For all you diesel drivers, the Corrib Oil depot at the bottom of Courtbrack Ave (opposite Suttons coal) is invariably a cent or two cheaper than the stations on the Dock Road. Currently 129.9/litre.

No petrol though.

Advertisement