Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

grassometer

• 27-04-2014 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

New yoke for measuring grass? Anyone know anything about it? See the company on twitter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Linky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

http://grassometer.com

That's all I can find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Timmaay wrote: »
    Linky?

Grassometer.com

But it's not a whole pile of use... Just a submit details for info :(

Photo from twitter

Zr105 wrote: »
    Grassometer.com

But it's not a whole pile of use... Just a submit details for info :(

Think there launching next month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Oh I've heard about that, never saw the photo of an actual prototype before. Basic principle is some sort of ultrasound distance sensor, the photo seems to show 3 of them, anyways they measure the height of the grass. The original idea I heard about was that it would all be attached to your welly, perhaps that photo is just of a prototype?
    How much they will cost I don't know, however I think its hard to bet the basic system of cutting and weighing the odd paddock to calibrate yourself, then eyeball the rest.

Think there launching next month

Duno just looked it up there when i saw your post! Was disappointed to see that as the sum total of the website....

You'd think they'd atleast put a basic description on it. Realistically there's nothing there that google will latch onto if someone is searching for grass measuring etc, or at best if it does pop up on google search it'll no doubt be a page or 2 into the search....

Timmaay wrote: »
    Oh I've heard about that, never saw the photo of an actual prototype before. Basic principle is some sort of ultrasound distance sensor, the photo seems to show 3 of them, anyways they measure the height of the grass. The original idea I heard about was that it would all be attached to your welly, perhaps that photo is just of a prototype?
    How much they will cost I don't know, however I think its hard to bet the basic system of cutting and weighing the odd paddock to calibrate yourself, then eyeball the rest.

Twill all depend on cost. Ye read up on it there it sits on your boot I think. Pity I never heard about the trial work they were doing with it

Zr105 wrote: »
    Duno just looked it up there when i saw your post! Was disappointed to see that as the sum total of the website....

You'd think they'd atleast put a basic description on it. Realistically there's nothing there that google will latch onto if someone is searching for grass measuring etc, or at best if it does pop up on google search it'll no doubt be a page or 2 into the search....
    There's a good few articles written about it. Seemingly glanbia have put money towards it

There's a good few articles written about it. Seemingly glanbia have put money towards it

Yeah there seems to be, but the problem i meant is that you have to search grassometer for them to come up, if you just search grass measuring for example nothing about it has appeared in 7pages so far...

Even if they had just put a simple thing like "a new faster way to measure grass" as a description on the page it would probably appear in first page of search results

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭conor t

Was in the Irish times a few weeks back think it was going to cost 1600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

conor t wrote: »
    Was in the Irish times a few weeks back think it was going to cost 1600

You'd know milk price was good wouldn't you?

Advertisement