Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student discounts?

• 27-04-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys what shops in Dublin give student discounts? I'm also looking for good places to buy jeans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Topshop, New Look, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse, Oasis etc. I think most high street stores do, except Dunnes, Penneys and high end stores like Brown Thomas and BT2.

River Island sometimes have discounts, I think they're trialling it atm, unless it's since finished.

I personally like Miss Selfridge and Topshop for jeans, although they can be pricey. I think a lot of it is down to personal preference really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Topshop, New Look, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse, Oasis etc. I think most high street stores do, except Dunnes, Penneys and high end stores like Brown Thomas and BT2.

River Island sometimes have discounts, I think they're trialling it atm, unless it's since finished.

I personally like Miss Selfridge and Topshop for jeans, although they can be pricey. I think a lot of it is down to personal preference really.

Forgot to say I'm a male of the species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Ah okay! Well Topman probably do student discounts, same again for River Island. Jack Jones possibly does them as well.

I don't think Burton do, or the higher end shops.

Sorry I'm not too sure when it comes to men's shops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 toughapple

Most shops will haggle anyway and will discount from the asking price! I often get money off just by haggling unless it is somewhere like Dunnes or Penneys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

toughapple wrote: »
    Most shops will haggle anyway and will discount from the asking price! I often get money off just by haggling unless it is somewhere like Dunnes or Penneys.

Really? I never heard of this happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Burton do I think, so do urban outfitters. Have a look at unidays and they tend to be the same in Ireland and the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Lifestyle sports give 10% off

Advertisement