Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmaceutical plants in Ireland

Options
  • 27-04-2014 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Can someone explain what exactly pharmaceutical plants actually are? I was under the impression they were plants that manufacturer drugs.

I'm looking at a list of plants in Ireland and I've no idea why Pepsi cola is on this list.

http://pipingdesigners.com/pharma%20links.htm#table

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just trying to get my head around them as they are mentioned regularly in my new job and I'm afraid to ask in the office just in case I appear inept.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

The site in Cork contains a fairly major R&D facility, as well as manufacturing.

You'll find most beverage/food companies have in-house pharma/R&D operations

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The Sponge

Cheers captain, I'm still a little bit in the dark however.

Why do beverage/food companies have in-house pharma/R&D operations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

If someone like Pepsi want to introduce new flavours or new types of drink, they need to drop a tonne of research into proven process stuff, something as simple as changing the type of sugar involves big chains of research in every facet of the operation.
    Basically anything that going to be used for human consumption needs to be tested exhaustively before it can go to market.

Advertisement