Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serrious slow BB Speeds from SKY

Options
  • 27-04-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey all,

I got the full sky package just over a month ago. The TV, phone line and the broadband. Least to say I am soooooo unhappy with the broadband! that's just a start do, the phone has never worked either but that's for another thread!

Ok the broadband I think I should be getting 15mB/s is that about right? Well I have NEVER got more the 1mb/s I have tired all different ways of downloading but still no more then 1mb. It is like it hits 999.99kB/s then will just hit 1.0MB/s after that it stops and go`s back down below the 1mb to like 999.99KB/s or 987.78KB/s ect ect sky are saying they do not slow down speeds, I have had from dial up to 200mb fiber to the home bb over the years and its without a doubt something sky? are stopping my speed at 1MB/s

Has anyone any similar problem with the sky hub bb?

I will edit this post soon with pic proof of what my down speed is.

Any help/info would be great. I love the TV service but if the bb stays the same im going back to UPC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

For a start I'd say you might be mixing up megabytes MB and megabits Mbit. If you have a 15Mbit connection from sky you should get download speeds of about 1.8 Megabytes/s. In real life you won't get that, you should expect around 1.5MB. From torrents a bit less.

Throw up a speedtest and we can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

Also, considering you are giving your speed in MB/s and not a speedtest, are you getting these results from a torrent client? because torrents usually max out at around 1MB/s

Like Nonoperational said, you should probably do a speedtest, but from the look of it, your broadband seems fine.

Advertisement