Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Heavy Wok

Options
  • 27-04-2014 11:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭

I had a BIG Wok, cast iron, take took 2 hands to lift, but lost it somewhere during a move. I don't want a tinny one, I want a big heavy one again. Where would I buy another ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Wherever you picked up the first wok would be a good place to start. Are you looking specifically for a cast iron one? If so a department store (like Arnotts or Brown Thomas if you're in Dublin) would a good place to start looking. If you are after a heavy but not necessarily cast iron wok then visit some Asian shops, they have steel woks of various weights. In Dublin Asia Market at the Jervis Street Luas Stop has a good selection in various sizes as well as flat & round bottomed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Asian Supermarket in Drury Street in Dublin also has a good selection.

(Give us a rough idea what area you are in & others may be able to give suggestions that suit you better.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

I got an excellent heavy duty wok in TK Maxx for less than £20.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You might have to ask in the asian shops, they can have stuff out the back, including larger catering sizes of tins & spices, which I guess they presume the general public might not want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

The big heavy cast iron wok is made by Le Crueset. Should be stocked in Brown Thomas + others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭kinklee7

rubadub wrote: »
    Jaysus That's the one ! But I would buy a quality set of pots for that ! I will look elsewhere, But Thanks to you all !:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

kinklee7 wrote: »
    Jaysus That's the one ! But I would buy a quality set of pots for that ! I will look elsewhere, But Thanks to you all !:o
    Notatall, normal people only buy Le Crueset when it's on sale. you should get it for about 90 euro.
    AND once you know how to use it, there is no beating it. our miserable cooker rings don't have enough heat output for a rapid stir fry. this is where the le creuset cast iron wok works well. Leave it on the centre ring until it is smoking hot. then leave it another 10 minutes! go have a smoke. THEN flash fry. the cast iron acts a heat resevoir. thin woks don't do this
    Enjoy!.

Advertisement