Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any places for support when going vegan that are not online in ireland?

Options
  • 27-04-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

Have read a post on here just before posting this about the ethical treatment of dairy cows on irish farms.
    I would sincerely, really like to give going vegan a shot for real, but is there anywhere, other than online that one can get support when going vegan in Ireland?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

This question kinda throws me because I'm so used to looking for info online. But do you mean more like meet-ups, that kind of thing? Vegan Ireland is really great, they have regular meet-ups and they also have a book club which I would love if I was in Ireland. Is that the sort of thing you mean, somewhere to go and talk to other vegans?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

--LOS-- wrote: »
    This question kinda throws me because I'm so used to looking for info online. But do you mean more like meet-ups, that kind of thing? Vegan Ireland is really great, they have regular meet-ups and they also have a book club which I would love if I was in Ireland. Is that the sort of thing you mean, somewhere to go and talk to other vegans?

Hi.
    Thanks so much for replying. Yep, this is exactly what I mean.
    I will have a look into vegan Ireland.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi.
    Thanks so much for replying. Yep, this is exactly what I mean.
    I will have a look into vegan Ireland.
    Thanks again

I think they have a page on meetup.com maybe, or else you can follow them on fb coz they always let you know about events and stuff.

Also 'Ruuts & Shuuts', I think they serve vegan food but they also run workshops and talks, Dublin-based.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Advertisement