Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of concrete base for garage

Options
  • 27-04-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Anyone able to give a rough cost on how much I should be spending on a concrete base for a 17 x 30 steel shed. Need approx. 4 " grass removed, can be spread on site so no need for skip, then hard core, steel, box frame 2 ft and after shed goes up need a finished floor of about 4" concrete. can price materials but particularly interested in what the labour for this should be around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

shamu2new wrote: »
    Anyone able to give a rough cost on how much I should be spending on a concrete base for a 17 x 30 steel shed. Need approx. 4 " grass removed, can be spread on site so no need for skip, then hard core, steel, box frame 2 ft and after shed goes up need a finished floor of about 4" concrete. can price materials but particularly interested in what the labour for this should be around?

Don't quite get what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭shamu2new

sorry I mean picture frame rather than box frame - its a frame of concrete to hold in the hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

sorry I mean picture frame rather than box frame - its a frame of concrete to hold in the hardcore.
    So your looking for a perimeter wall concrete foundation with hardcore fill and a concrete slab floor on top?

Nearly there - there is no perimeter wall to be built so its just a frame of concrete that the all steel shed is bolted onto then then finished floor is poured in - sorry just trying to learn the process myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

can price materials but particularly interested in what the labour for this should be around?

labour cost will depend on access to the site.
    Can the materials be delivered to the area, or to the front of your house, and then by wheel-barrow to where the shed is going.
    Hardcore, Concrete, X 2 deliveries, etc.

Probably 2 men for 2 days initial Picture Frame work, and then 2 men for 1 Day Final Floor

so 6 man days at say 100- 150 each

• Advertisement

that's great thanks for that

Advertisement