Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

handyman in cork

Options
  • 28-04-2014 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi. We have been looking for a handyman in cork. We are doing some works in the garden, laying readymix concrete slab for dogrun/gravel path and patio if budget allows. We have already priced materials, delivery and tool hire. We expect there is a weeks work in it (maybe 7/8days with the patio). We had a landscape gardener in to look at the job, he said he was too busy to do it but told us we should expect to pay about 5-600 to have the concrete laid (40m2) (be thought 3 days work if we hire mini digger for him) and 6-700 for the patio/gravel (12m2 of each), we have a tight budget and this was just about all we can afford. However we got someone over to price and they have quoted 2500 for his labour alone plus additional 700 for machine hire and 2nd man for 2 days. When I asked for quote without patio it was 1200 plus the 700. He is charging a daily rate of 300 for labour alone is this a bit steep? I know it's heavy work but 300 is a weekly wage for me!
    Perhaps someone knows a good man willing to work for a bit less or was the landscape gardener way off?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

chanpan wrote: »
    Hi. We have been looking for a handyman in cork. We are doing some works in the garden, laying readymix concrete slab for dogrun/gravel path and patio if budget allows. We have already priced materials, delivery and tool hire. We expect there is a weeks work in it (maybe 7/8days with the patio). We had a landscape gardener in to look at the job, he said he was too busy to do it but told us we should expect to pay about 5-600 to have the concrete laid (40m2) (be thought 3 days work if we hire mini digger for him) and 6-700 for the patio/gravel (12m2 of each), we have a tight budget and this was just about all we can afford. However we got someone over to price and they have quoted 2500 for his labour alone plus additional 700 for machine hire and 2nd man for 2 days. When I asked for quote without patio it was 1200 plus the 700. He is charging a daily rate of 300 for labour alone is this a bit steep? I know it's heavy work but 300 is a weekly wage for me!
    Perhaps someone knows a good man willing to work for a bit less or was the landscape gardener way off?
    Thanks

Get at least 3 prices is the general rule of thumb. It's sounds a bit excessive though alrite.

Advertisement