Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement for my shure in ears

• 28-04-2014 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks

My 7 years old Shure in ear headphones have bitten the bullet this morning, one ear is getting dodgey, cracking and breaking in and out to time to change, they served me well.

I am looking for a replacement for around 80 quid with the same build quality if possible and maybe a built in mic but not essential. I am heading to the states next weekend and could pick it up there but would like suggestions as i have no idea where to start.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

brightkane wrote: »
    Hey Folks

My 7 years old Shure in ear headphones have bitten the bullet this morning, one ear is getting dodgey, cracking and breaking in and out to time to change, they served me well.

I am looking for a replacement for around 80 quid with the same build quality if possible and maybe a built in mic but not essential. I am heading to the states next weekend and could pick it up there but would like suggestions as i have no idea where to start.

Cheers
    Good list to start from:
    http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I would recommend the Denon AH-C300 or 400 for that price range, or the Klipsch S4 if you want to save a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Are you going to switch from in ear to headphones? It's up to you really, I'm not the biggest fan of Bose, but if I were to buy a pair I'd go for the QC15s.

If you are open to either IEMs or headphones then there's plenty of variety in the states.

I am thinking of a change, the ears are a bit sensitive and am finding in ears get a bit sore so might change, i like the idea of one wire, mic on the lead and detachable cable.

And back from the states, too much time spent in clothes shops and not enough headphone looking :(

• Advertisement

So your budget is around 100 quid I take it, do you want circumaural or supraaural? i.e. sit on your ears or around them?

There is an absolute plethora of options available really, stick to the trusted brands and it's unlikely you'll go wrong.

Probably on instead if around for a neater smaller headset. Its a minefield out there with options.

Sorry for the delay, yeah you have plenty of options tbh. If you want to push your budget a bit higher than I'd advise you to go for the Sennheiser HD25s, Beyerdynamic DT1350s or for a little bit cheaper the Grado SR80i.

At your price range, I think the AKG K451s are a tight set and you can get them at a pretty good price here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-High-Performance-Foldable-Headset-In-Line/dp/B005LBQ7BY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399768812&sr=8-1&keywords=akg+k451

In fairness as long as you stick with the trusted brands you won't be disappointed. This is just what I think would suit best but if you find something else then don't hesitate to go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Sennheiser cx400

Advertisement