Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who do we want...

Options
  • 28-04-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

any chance of setting up a poll on this admins?

LIST=1]
    [*]sheerwood
    [*]Van Gaal
    [*]Pochetino
    [*]De Boer
    [*]Benitez
    [*]moyes
    [*]other
    [/LIST]
    excuse the spelling...
    would love Van Gaal, but would settle for De Boer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Can a mod make it a poll

1 De Boer
    2 Ponchetino
    3 Benitez

Might be just easier delete the thread and make a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd love Van Gaal too but I'd be almost certain he's united bound at this stage.

Benitez isn't a terrible shout either,

It'LLC probably be Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

new owners

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

1. Levy to manage the team himself
    2. Joe Lewis to manage the team himself
    3. Levy to manage with Lewis as head coach
    4. Levy as manager, Lewis as DOF
    5. Levy as had coach, overall manager, and DOF

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

I think it'll be Moyes/De Boer...
    Wouldn't mind Benitez either.
    TBH Timmy could still do a job if allowed to buy his own players this summer and get rid of that DoF Baldini.

Do not want any Italian manager whatsoever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Van Gaal would be my number one pick, Benitez - 2nd choice.
    Phil Thompson said he'd jump at the chance to manage us. Very experienced and knows the league well, would attract the right kind of player. Good tactician, can be a little reserved at times. Whether we could break into the top four, who knows? Should do well in the cups and at least reach a final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Van Gaal would be my number one pick, Benitez - 2nd choice.
    Phil Thompson said he'd jump at the chance to manage us. Very experienced and knows the league well, would attract the right kind of player. Good tactician, can be a little reserved at times. Whether we could break into the top four, who knows? Should do well in the cups and at least reach a final.

who would jump at the chance, thomo?

mickman wrote: »
    who would jump at the chance, thomo?

Benitez, direct quote.

Benitez, direct quote.

oh right. Didnt understand who you were saying would jump at the chance.

Is benitez still at napoli ?

oh right. Didnt understand who you were saying would jump at the chance.

Is benitez still at napoli ?

Yep, currently lying third.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Benitez, direct quote.

Is there a link.to it anywhere? That sounds promising

Edit: does third in Italy get CL football?

But former Reds assistant boss Thompson thinks Benitez would not hesitate to take over at White Hart Lane if offered the chance.
    "Rafa is a top quality coach who did a great job at Chelsea under great pressure. And if they do decide to go for him at Spurs then from what I hear he would jump at the chance of taking the job," he told Sky Sports.

But former Reds assistant boss Thompson thinks Benitez would not hesitate to take over at White Hart Lane if offered the chance.
    "Rafa is a top quality coach who did a great job at Chelsea under great pressure. And if they do decide to go for him at Spurs then from what I hear he would jump at the chance of taking the job," he told Sky Sports.

Interesting. I never liked him but to be honest, he does have some pedigree and will bring stability and organisation

Interesting. I never liked him but to be honest, he does have some pedigree and will bring stability and organisation

Same here, never thought I'd mention his name for the job. I certainly didn't want him last time out. Slim pickings out there, and we don't exactly have star power.

Same here, never thought I'd mention his name for the job. I certainly didn't want him last time out. Slim pickings out there, and we don't exactly have star power.

indeed. we are looking for scraps now and any manager will be slow to take the job because i cant see much cash being made available for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Have to agree with what has been said here, If Rafa was interested he would actually be a good choice now. I like the rest of us did not want him last time but he has PL experience and gets the best tactically out of his team and right now we need a lot of tactical work and defensive organisation. I wonder would he trade CL football with Napoli for the prospect of working under a trigger happy chairman though?

• Just picked myself back up off the floor after I read that bit about Phil Thompson 'jumping' at the chance to manage us :D:D

• My heart sinks a little bit every time I hear Benitez's name mentioned but there is a good argument for it I suppose. Very little risk, proven EPL record, would bring stability, he has worked under crazy owners/chairmen is the past etc etc.

• LVG - forget it, not a chance he'll opt for us.

Starting to wonder of he really matters all that much really.. we could hire SFA, Guardiola, Klopp or anyone of the other top 10 managers in world football and we'd still somehow mess it all up is some bizarre way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Rafa coming is all well and good and he is an excellent tactician .... but, we had an excellent tactician, who had us organized as one of the best defensive units in Europe only the locals got bored of this and wanted more open attacking football, he got the sack and now manages in Russia and his team have won 6 out of 6.
    Unfortunately Rafas style wouldn't be tolerated at the lane for to long and the managerial merry-go-round would start again.
    I reckon go dutch... be it LVG or De Boer.

reality= Levy releases statement that the club are happy with the progress shown by Sherwood , having attained EL qualification and he will see out his remaining 12 months :(

Our league form has been acceptable to a degree, even though the football has been lackluster and defensively we've been all over the shop at times. Still, were not a million miles off fourth.

So there is talent in the squad, a decent coach next season to further develop the newer acquisitions. We need some strike power, nowhere near enough goals scored or chances created. And a back four who know how to defend.

Knowing our luck, we'll end up with Jurgen Klopp's younger and less talented brother - Klipity.

/Internet humour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Didn't know about the Rafa rumours.

Spurs would be mad to pass up on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Rafa coming is all well and good and he is an excellent tactician .... but,
    we had an excellent tactician, who had us organized as one of the best defensive units in Europe
    until we played man city and Liverpool and got hopelessly exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Rafa coming is all well and good and he is an excellent tactician .... but, until we played man city and Liverpool and got hopelessly exposed.

or we could highlight the positives of beating man city, arsenal, man utd (fergies) and liverpool whilst managing us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Benitez still has a contract with Napoli I wonder how much compensation would be.

Him or Pochettino would be my preferred choices pochettino would be ideal if he could get us playing fantastic football but still it's very risky I considering the talent at the saints they should be doing a bit better Wanyama hasn't been great and Osvaldo was a complete flop and considering he was at Espanol with him I wouldn't want him bringing that troublemaker here.

But as much as most people would like Pochettino for his attacking play if Benitez is available we need to snap him up he is one of the better tacticians in the game and can work in a budget, I could see him steadying the ship for a few years till the stadiums built were we either keep or let go.
    I'm sure he knows how good Capoue is and how to get Sandro back playing to the way he was

The football might not be great at times though but I would realistically have him if he could float us around the top 4 and maybe sneak in before get the new stadium and really make a mark on the european stage.

Whatever happens we are most likely stuck with what he have give or take 1-2 players so the board and the fans need to get behind whoever comes in because we are not realistically getting T4 with the way the top 4 are and with Utd getting a new man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Pochettino for me. He would get us playing football and he has potential to be a good manager.

Benitez would be the most reliable, but he would bore the pants off me. It's been too long since we played nice football. We are Spurs. I started supporting Spurs because I liked the way we played.

Ormus wrote: »
    Pochettino for me. He would get us playing football and he has potential to be a good manager.

Benitez would be the most reliable, but he would bore the pants off me. It's been too long since we played nice football. We are Spurs. I started supporting Spurs because I liked the way we played.

Would Pochettino swap a team that sells their best players to another team ...that does exactly the same thing ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We've a better chance of getting in good players to replace those sold players though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Frank De Boer told NOS he's considering the offer from Tottenham. Spurs have approached Ajax.

"Spurs have made an approach. After the last league game I' ll think about it. I'll talk to them and listen what they have to say. I would like to add something to a club like Brendan Rodgers did at Liverpool." (Via: @HLNinEngeland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Looks like the horse's mouth.

Advertisement