Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who do we want...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Would be delighted with De Boer myself. A proven winner, speaks perfect english and has an existing relationship with Vertonghen & Eriksen. Would play ball the way we expect it at the Lane. Get on it Levy if this is at all possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i'd be happy with him as well. Get Vertongen back to his best, and as a big name coach, maybe keep Lloris and anyone else thinking of leaving for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

mickman wrote: »
    Would Pochettino swap a team that sells their best players to another team ...that does exactly the same thing ?

Every team sells their best players to another team, except Real, Bayern, Barca and maybe City

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Kiith wrote: »
    maybe keep Lloris and anyone else thinking of leaving for another year.

I reckon this is an important point, you can imagine how the "big" players would react if we did take a chance on Moyes or kept Tim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

263 - Since Frank de Boer joined as manager, Ajax have won 263 points from 118 league games, at least 32 more than any other club. Special.

Quoted off twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

De boer is a bit of a risk not having any managerial experience outside of the Netherlands but you don't win 4 national leagues in a row without having something special about you. I think this could work out better than any of the names previously mentioned including lvg

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

I'd have a strong preference for De Boer too. Yes, there is the PL experience issue but he'd definitely help keep the likes Eriksen and Vertonghen happy. As experienced as LVG is perhaps his best years are behind him, maybe even living on former glories and wouldn't really be a long term appointment. Hopefully the new manager situation will be sorted out sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

awkwardboy wrote: »
    I'd have a strong preference for De Boer too. Yes, there is the PL experience issue but he'd definitely help keep the likes Eriksen and Vertonghen happy. As experienced as LVG is perhaps his best years are behind him, maybe even living on former glories and wouldn't really be a long term appointment. Hopefully the new manager situation will be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Whoever it is if they dont deliver within 18 months they will be gone anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

MrKingsley wrote: »

This is true. We can only hope though that whoever gets it is given time to build a proper side capable of really competing. Somehow I doubt it though given Mr Levy's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Quite excited by De Boer. Fits the Levy player profile of young and proven with potential for more ( except as a manager if you know what I mean )

We could be very good with the right manager. Ajax are a traditional big European club so Spurs will not be too big for him while also being rich enough with potential to be appealing

1 decent striker, 2 full backs with 1 more centre half and we have enough to compete strongly next year for top four. Key is to keep Lloris Vertoghen Eriksen Sandro and get Paulinho and Soldado playing

Get De Boer early Levy and avoid all the sh1te that goes on post World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

slegs wrote: »
    Quite excited by De Boer. Fits the Levy player profile of young and proven with potential for more ( except as a manager if you know what I mean )

We could be very good with the right manager. Ajax are a traditional big European club so Spurs will not be too big for him while also being rich enough with potential to be appealing

1 decent striker, 2 full backs with 1 more centre half and we have enough to compete strongly next year for top four. Key is to keep Lloris Vertoghen Eriksen Sandro and get Paulinho and Soldado playing

Get De Boer early Levy and avoid all the sh1te that goes on post World Cup

Urgently need a right winger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I like the potential hiring of De Boer, don't want to count any chickens yet.

I like that he spoke about making a decision after Ajax's final match, which should be this weekend. Meaning he could have time to make decisions over the Summer and scout throughout the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If anything, FDB sounds too good for us. He'll be snapped up by some other team probably.

If I had to put money on it I'd say TS will be in charge come Aug but fired by December and then it's another season of nothingness.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Before we get excited at DeBoer's pedigree,Steve McLaren won a Dutch championship with Fc Twente with far less resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Frank de Boers style of football is much the same as AVB,high line,Possession football,lots of defending,not many goals.

MrKingsley wrote: »

The average Premiership tenure is less than a year. Average Spurs tenure is over twice that.

Levy generally waits til they lose the dressing room.

tom1ie wrote: »
    263 - Since Frank de Boer joined as manager, Ajax have won 263 points from 118 league games, at least 32 more than any other club. Special.

Quoted off twitter

I'm not saying he's not the messiah but Dutch league is not proof of Premiership pedigree.

For every Van Nistelrooy or Suarez there's a Kezman or Van Wolfswinkel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

De Boer back room staff would be interesting if they came. Stam & Bergkamp at The Lane.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    De Boer back room staff would be interesting if they came. Stam & Bergkamp at The Lane.

This is a problem. Overmars and in particular dennis bergkamp wont join spurs backroom staff i would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

CLUB STATEMENT
    Posted by Tottenham Hotspur on 30 April 2014 - 09:14
    Reports that we have made approaches to other clubs regarding coaching staff are wholly inaccurate. We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.

We regret that a statement such as this is necessary, however we feel it is important to clarify matters.

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-statement-300414/

CLUB STATEMENT
    Posted by Tottenham Hotspur on 30 April 2014 - 09:14
    Reports that we have made approaches to other clubs regarding coaching staff are wholly inaccurate. We have NOT contacted any club regarding coaching appointments.

We regret that a statement such as this is necessary, however we feel it is important to clarify matters.

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-statement-300414/

WHy would Ajax say they have made contact ?

WHy would Ajax say they have made contact ?

And Dr Boer himself. They're definitely lying. Trying to save face with Tim? Let's face it, Tim deserves a decent managerial job elsewhere, the likes of Norwich would suit him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

This is a problem. Overmars and in particular dennis bergkamp wont join spurs backroom staff i would imagine

cant see any issues with this whatsoever... Bergkamp was a spurs fan as a kid, not that it matters, and his and Stams PL experience would be really beneficial. Really on board the De Boer bandwagon now... but he's probably just angeling for a new Ajax contract :(

As for the statement from the club... utter nonsense. Overmars directly said that we 'inquired' over 4 weeks ago.

cant see any issues with this whatsoever... Bergkamp was a spurs fan as a kid, not that it matters, and his and Stams PL experience would be really beneficial. Really on board the De Boer bandwagon now... but he's probably just angeling for a new Ajax contract :(

Bergkamp was an arsenal hero ,not sure he would come to us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Bergkamp was an arsenal hero ,not sure he would come to us

Its a professional business, wouldn't make one bit of difference imo. Who would of though George Graham would manage spurs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why make that statement? Surely we should be happy that De Boer is talking about his interest in Spurs, as he's the kind of manager we want? Unless the club has no intention of signing anyone?

I have a horrible feeling we'll still have Sherwood in charge next year. If that's the case...than i give up.

But Overmars, Director of Football at Ajax, said: "Spurs have informally enquired about De Boer and confirmed he's one of their candidates."

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    But Overmars, Director of Football at Ajax, said: "Spurs have informally enquired about De Boer and confirmed he's one of their candidates."

Maybe this was before Tim's appointment

• Advertisement

Maybe this was before Tim's appointment

In Mirror today.

Advertisement