Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who do we want...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    In Mirror today.

Yes, but when did Spurs approach him? It is the Mirror, I'd take everything they say with a fist full of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Is there some kind of rule against talking to a manager without going through the club like there is with players?

Maybe we don't want to end up over a barrel and that's why they released a statement.

Outside of See Boer looking for a new contract or trying to engineer another club to coke in for him lying that we have approached him makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

mickman wrote: »
    Bergkamp was an arsenal hero ,not sure he would come to us

Sol Campbell was once one of my heroes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

De Boer also claimed there had been contact, prompting Spurs to issue a denial on Wednesday having said last month they would assess their options at the end of the season.

However, Ronald, who is youth team coach at Ajax, believes Frank would be a good fit for the Londoners.

"It is a nice club with history, one of the nicest clubs in the Premiership," he said. "The club has ambition and the budget for it.

"Frank knows some of the players there, like (Christian) Eriksen and (Jan) Vertonghen - (Nacer) Chadli and (Mousa) Dembele too - there's lots of quality at the club. I think he can build something.

"Frank's feeling is important, the club's philosophy is as well - what kind of football they want to play - that will be decisive. He will take his time, to think about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

so LVG going to man u, prob be confirmed next week which means he could have signed a contract with us last xmas if we had wanted him, i really hope that we didnt let him slip or fcuking worse we are going to run with tim next year:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

He won't have an easy job there next season without spending a few quid. I'll be very interested to see who sticks around come August. Could see RVP looking around if he has a big World cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

would any of ye take Poyet?

Raf32 wrote: »
    would any of ye take Poyet?

For what, ball boy, he is a bit old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

For what, ball boy, he is a bit old

He did a good job in keeping Sunderland up and tries to get his teams to play positive football

Will we ever learn , we need a PROVEN experienced manager who has been there and done that otherwise we will just keep stumbling from nor fcuk up to the next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Barcelona will be looking for a new manager, I could see FDB going there. My suspicion is that Spurs didn't approach FDB recently and that De Boer, his brother and his coaching staff are getting their names in the headlines so that the Barca board start considering FDB as their next manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

DL will never appoint a proven top class manager like LVG or even a FDB. They wouldn't put up with all the other nonsense, the interference and the DOF sideshow.

No, the new manager will be someone who has something to prove. Someone who needs the job more than spurs needs him. Someone who will put up with the other cap in return for a job that is slightly beyond them. My guess is Laudrup, maybe Poyet, Pochetta or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

well it looks like De Boer has decided to stay where he's at...
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/tottenhams-pursuit-of-frank-de-boer-seems-over-after-manager-says-i-have-no-intention-to-leave-ajax/poor show if we are stuck with who we have beyond the WC if you ask me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

This mornings rags seem to have Pochettino as the favourite.

mushykeogh wrote: »

Just seen the de Boer press conference on SSN, says he is happy to stay at Ajax but will listen to other clubs, Hardly a resounding commitment to Ajax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I don't see this as a step forward in any way. What managerial experience has he got? Good bit of experience as a player I suppose but only managed one club before Southampton (who he got relegated I think). More of the same crap if he's appointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Just seen the de Boer press conference on SSN, says he is happy to stay at Ajax but will listen to other clubs, Hardly a resounding commitment to Ajax.
    He has achieved all he can at Ajax, 4 leagues in a row and losing key players every season.I Can see why he wants to move on.

I think De Boer is pimping himself for the Barca job, trying to keep his name in the media.

No doubt he is. Part and parcel of the game. Some times we are the pawn in these games between other clubs, managers and their agents and sometimes we use this trick ourselves.

Don't expect DL to relieve TS of his duties unless he has a replacement to announce too. Surely he wouldn't leave us managerless until July. Would he? He wouldn't make that mistake twice in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

indiewindy wrote: »
    He has achieved all he can at Ajax, 4 leagues in a row and losing key players every season.I Can see why he wants to move on.

Well none of that would change at spurs...........except the league titles of course

• Advertisement

Apparently we're talking to Slavin Ballic...

Apparently we're talking to Slavin Ballic...

Typical, no real experience

Typical, no real experience

DL type manager alright.

What's our record with foreign managers under DL ... Ramos flukes a cup. Jol did well but the rest have been disasters.

I hope the new guy has EPL experience. I'd take someone like Bruce, Lambert or even Mick McCarthy over Bilic. Too risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Poyet or Moyes will be on Levy's shortlist.

Pulis has done some job as manager

I'd take someone like Bruce, Lambert or even Mick McCarthy .
    Jesus!:eek:

Jesus!:eek:

Haha. I don't want them. But given the choice versus Bilic, I'd take them over another risky foreigner.

lads wtf??? we're tottenham hotspur. A club of reputable history renowned for playing a certain type of football... Bruce? Pulis? Mick Mc Carthy???
    Why not Aladyce, Pardew or fcuking Warnock if your going on PL experience...

De Boer would be a class act if he was given time imho
    Van Gaal would have been brilliant as hes done the lot already

lads wtf??? we're tottenham hotspur. A club of reputable history renowned for playing a certain type of football... Bruce? Pulis? Mick Mc Carthy???
    Why not Aladyce, Pardew or fcuking Warnock if your going on PL experience...

De Boer would be a class act if he was given time imho
    Van Gaal would have been brilliant as hes done the lot already

Let me be clear, I DO NOT WANT Pulls, McCarthy and so on. I want FDB or LVG or hell - why not Guadiola or Klopp's but let's be realistic. Best we can hope for is FDB or Moyes and I'd rather not end up with Bilic or some guy that did well for a little while with some slightly better than average European Team in a mickey mouse league.

I'd rather take on a manager with proven EPL experience who got middle table success with very limited resources. Like HR before we signed him up.

Is FDB even the answer. Title winner 4 years in a row... rubbish league. He's just a sexier version of Neil Lennon for all we know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Today it's Martinez, tomorrow someone else...yada...yada

Advertisement