Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I brick every run ?

Options
  • 28-04-2014 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I've training for tri now for 2.5 years with no running history before that, but 15 years of bike racing and I find that the easiest running sessions are when I run off the bike. They feel subjectively easier and my HR is 5-10bpm lower at the same run speed as a stand alone run. Consequently I've gotten in to the routine of bricking nearly every run after a bike - specificity is king but am I losing out on quality run speed training ? Training for long distance do I need stand alone runs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Hey I'm in a similar situation to you, years of bike racing and newish to tri.

I would say no, personally for specific running sessions I would do them standalone, possibly with a better warm up as this may be a reason for the feeling of running after a bike,

however I do like to do a run after a really hard bike to let me know what the feeling of running of tired legs is like.

Advertisement