Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile climbing wall

Options
  • 28-04-2014 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I've 3 little boys and they're very keen to get a mobile climbing wall for a birthday party, they had a go of it at the St. Patricks day parade and they absolutely loved it, the 2 men running it that day were brilliant and really encouraging but unfortunately we didn't their number. I'm in the midlands, would anyone know about these guys?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I was going to suggest heading to Awesome Walls, where they cater for birthday parties etc., but it might be a bit of a struggle as you're based in the midlands. Might still work out significantly easier/cheaper than having a mobile climbing wall visit your premises. A quick Google suggests this.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Depends how fancy you want the wall to look but it is perfectly feasible to make a wall from timber sheet and artificial holds - plenty of climbers have small practice walls at home. The holds can be rearranged / interchanged to create different challenges.

You may find more guidance on manufacture on dedicated climbing sites such as UK Climbing or Climbing.ie, particularly in the forums.

Who knows one of your lads could be the Irish Leo Houlding in the making ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Also make sure that you are insured to cover this OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BeachMusic

Try megamountain.net

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ladyplus3

Hi, Thanks for the help, we contacted Jimi from megamountain.net and we have the mobile climbing wall booked for the party, hope it works out now because the boys cant wait!!

Advertisement