Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alterations

Options
  • 28-04-2014 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hey everyone,
    I have a dress that needs altering and I have been trying to find somewhere decent, but reasonably priced. A few people have mentioned Fitz alterations in Abbey St abd I have googled it but found very few reviews and for every good one there's a bad one, as can be expected for most things! Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I'm based around Dublin 1/2. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I use the alterations centre on South Anne Street, find them really good. There's a zipyard across the street from them but I prefer the alterations centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

I've used Fitz twice, both times worked out perfectly well for me.
    Wasn't anything too complicated though, best to pop in and ask them to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Thanks, I used to go to then place on South Anne st with jeans etc but the last time I went I wasn't overly happy with the work. It wasn't anything major but still I wasn't 100% happy but this is a bridesmaid dress with a boned corset so I need it to be perfect! I think I'll just pop into Fitz and see what they say. Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I used last year a shop on Talbot st on the same block as Falcon holidays. The man is an Iranian who did great work on a jacket for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Does anyone have a price list for Fitz?
    Can't find one online anywhere..
    Like how much for turning up trousers.. etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

rustyzip wrote: »
    Does anyone have a price list for Fitz?
    Can't find one online anywhere..
    Like how much for turning up trousers.. etc?

This might be what your looking for:

http://alterations.ie/price-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

This might be what your looking for:

http://alterations.ie/price-guide/

Thanks a mill! Nothing was coming up when I was typing in Fitz :)

Advertisement