Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consistently late SEPA payments.

Options
  • 28-04-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Since SEPA payments have come in my salary fails to show on my account until after 4pm on the payment date. Why is this when its supposed to be there @ 8.30am on the said date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi medikate,

Thanks for your post.

With the introduction of SEPA, the timings of credits from other banks may have changed. Payments now come in at multiple times throughout the day and may hit your account later than expected.

We can assure you that as soon as payments are received from other banks, Bank of Ireland will process them without delay to your account. 

More information on SEPA can be found here on our website.

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 35 medikate

thanks Elaine.

regardless, what are BOI going to do to (along with SEPA) to iron this out because essentially this is really bad customer service and without customers what does a bank have. Anyone I know that have their accounts with AIB havent encountered this issue!

Can you advise does this issue lie with SEPA or BOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi medikate,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Just to clarify, before the mandatory introduction of SEPA some credits, particularly salary payments were applied to customers accounts before the start of the banking day. 

Due to SEPA some payments will now credit within the banking day. Bank of Ireland applies incoming credits as soon as they are received from other banks. This will be the case going forward.

However, if the new timings of incoming credits is having a negative impact for you, it may be necessary to enquire if your employer can review when they process your salary payments. You can also reschedule the date direct debits / standing orders are due for payment from your account.

We hope this information helps and we appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭whydoibother

In my case, SEPA are not late - the BOI simply is not paying them out!!!

This week, just after Easter Monday, I have noticed two instances in which SEPA payments have not been effected by the Bank of Ireland. I have contacted them in regards to this and they deny any responsibility, however I find it strange. I should have been paid today and funds from my account should have been transferred to Liberty Insurance this week.

I have contacted both the bank that pays me and Liberty Insurance. The other bank said the money was sent to my account on Tuesday, so it should have arrived at least today, and Liberty Insurance says that they have applied the Direct Debit onto my account also on Tuesday but no money has left my account to pay them.

I have asked the BOI directly if they were having problems with SEPA payments, they denied any problems or delays but now I see there ARE problems!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi whydoibother,

Sarah is in the process of replying to this query, on the new thread you started. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement