Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre vectoring and speed

Options
  • 28-04-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Hi,

i had efibre installed in my house last year and engineer said my line was capable of 100MB/s but when installed it was set to 50MB/s (i only paid for this service). I tried uprating to the 70MB/s service but was told my line was only capable of 50.

However i got a call from eVision and the person on the phone said the line was capable of 80MB/s. Can i get my line checked? I know vectoring is enabled which should speed up the line somewhat.

I can PM further details as needed.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

TBi wrote: »
    Hi,

i had efibre installed in my house last year and engineer said my line was capable of 100MB/s but when installed it was set to 50MB/s (i only paid for this service). I tried uprating to the 70MB/s service but was told my line was only capable of 50.

However i got a call from eVision and the person on the phone said the line was capable of 80MB/s. Can i get my line checked? I know vectoring is enabled which should speed up the line somewhat.

I can PM further details as needed.

Thanks,

Hi TBi

It may be the case that the speeds need increasing to the lines maximum capacity however I will be unable to see or arrange change of speed and a call to our technical support team will be needed to check this. You can reach tech support on 1890260260 however you can also reach them over webchat here: http://bit.ly/1fsAeco

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Thanks,
    there used be an option for online webhelp but it seems to have disappeared or i just can't find it.

Thanks,
    there used be an option for online webhelp but it seems to have disappeared or i just can't find it.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]No worries TBi

The 'Web chat' option is located to the right hand side of the page - it can take a minute to load sometimes. If it appears as offline this just means operators are busy. In the case where operators are not busy [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]you will see a button inviting you to “Chat now”.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

The 'chat box' was blocked by the firewall at work. I can see it now at home.

The 'chat box' was blocked by the firewall at work. I can see it now at home.
    Thanks for letting me know TBi

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement