Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galty Mountains 7 peaks

Options
  • 28-04-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I plan to do this walk this coming Sunday. Does anyone have any info on altitude, distance and so on? Looking forward to it!

And can anyone promise me good weather!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Take a look at MountainViews.

Likely to be dry and cloudy around Mitchelstown on Sunday. Accuweather.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bermia

Thanks very much for this link. It looks like a good walk. The organisers of the festival, the ballyhouras mountains festival, told me the walk is about 18 miles so thats a good challenge. Now to break in the new boots by Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

If you are new to hillwalking, I hope that the organisers have given you a list of gear to bring, as the weather in the mountains can be much different to the weather below. Waterproofs, drinking water, sun block etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Midges can be a problem on some of the lower slopes, so bring repellant if you're affected. On top it's often windy and surprisingly cold, even in good weather. Fabulous walk though.

Advertisement