Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Front Door / Porch

Options
  • 28-04-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reasonable place for Front Doors?

Basically have a dodgy old wooden & glass front door, with an equally dodgy porch, and thinking about replacing both with a decent secure non drafty door. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Drafts and cold are things you won't have to put up with in any modern, decent quality, well fitted doors and windows. You should look at the "Palladio" door (who are offered by most or all suppliers)- an excellent Irish designed and manufactured product that has old school looks with new school technology. Maybe the porch is something that can be done away with entirely if you know drafts won't be an issue any longer? Honestly, I'd just pick the phone and call any of the long established names in the business. They'll be happy to make suggestions and quotes will be free of charge, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dwiseman

I had a Palladio, san marco model, door fitted last week. We have a single glazed sliding door on the porch which is quite drafty but since fitting the new door it is not an issue as the new door keeps all the cold out. They are composite doors so are maintenance free and come with a 5 point locking system, and triple glazing so are very secure. I shopped around in terms of pricing and I can recommend the company that fitted ours, for both value and service. If you're interested pm me for details.

Advertisement