Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Parcel Ireland to Australia

Options
  • 28-04-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, myself and my boyfriend are moving to OZ soon and are going to stop off in Bali for a couple of weeks. We are a little worried about having all of our stuff with us in Bali so we are thinking of positing it ahead of us. Couriers won't take our stuff because of customs going into OZ. I tried An post and the cost is 80eur for registered post but the insurance only covers up to 35eur with no option for extra insurance. The courier post is 380eur which is just crazy high. Has anyone any suggestions???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

What size and weight is it? You could try parcel2go.ie I can give you a code for 25% off if you want.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Squeakf99 wrote: »
    Hi, myself and my boyfriend are moving to OZ soon and are going to stop off in Bali for a couple of weeks. We are a little worried about having all of our stuff with us in Bali so we are thinking of positing it ahead of us. Couriers won't take our stuff because of customs going into OZ. I tried An post and the cost is 80eur for registered post but the insurance only covers up to 35eur with no option for extra insurance. The courier post is 380eur which is just crazy high. Has anyone any suggestions???

I've sent two packages to Australia in the last while and An Post were by far the cheapest option. It cost €60 for each of the boxes I sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Squeakf99

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    What size and weight is it? You could try parcel2go.ie I can give you a code for 25% off if you want.

Hi, that would be brilliant thanks. I'm not 100% sure on size adn and weight yet but I think roughly 30kg and 50x40x30cm. Parcel2go quoted me Eur280 so a 25% discount would be great as it would only be 210.

IRLConor wrote: »
    I've sent two packages to Australia in the last while and An Post were by far the cheapest option. It cost €60 for each of the boxes I sent.

The insurance with this only covers up to approx. Eur35 for your belongings and that's just too risky for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I used a crowd called Parcel Force a few months back. 250 quid for a 35kg box

I used a crowd called Parcel Force a few months back. 250 quid for a 35kg box

Did you send to Australia as well? I just got a quote of Eur440 for 30kg

• Advertisement

You got that quote from parcel force? Yeah it was sent from Dublin to brisbane. FedEx delivered it even though when I went directly to them they told me they wouldn't deliver personal items.

The cheapest way to do it is just regular post. It costs about 90 quid for a 20kg box

You got that quote from parcel force? Yeah it was sent from Dublin to brisbane. FedEx delivered it even though when I went directly to them they told me they wouldn't deliver personal items.

The cheapest way to do it is just regular post. It costs about 90 quid for a 20kg box

Yeah I got it from the quick quote section of their website.

That price is for tracking and cover up to GBP200. There is also a quote for Eur322 without tracking and insurance cover up to GBP100.

I won't be in a hurry for it as it will be a few weeks before we arrive in Brisbane but tracking and insurance cover would provide peace of mind

Huh, my mam arranged it for me because we were in Asia for 3 months before Australia. Maybe give them a call and ask? I've no idea what our insurance was on it but we had tracking. The only slightly valuable things we had in the box was laptops and a hair straightener. All the rest was just clothes and stuff

Advertisement