Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

readybrek?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

nikpmup wrote: »
    Readybrek is just porridge oats ground up a bit. Milupa is powdered formula with added finely ground cereals, including oats. HSE guidelines state that babies - breast or bottle fed - should be given a vit D supplement from birth. The other fortified vitamins in cereals or whatever food are extra - they might not be beneficial, but they're certainly not harmful. And I don't know if you read the rest of my previous post - my child gets real food, and plenty of it. Beef, chicken, fish, all manner of fruit and veg, yogurt, cheese, lentils, chickpeas, avocado, spinach, most of it organic, most of it homemade. Sometimes he gets a bit of milupa, or sometimes he *GASP* gets a jar or an Ella's pouch; I've even been known to give him a rusk - don't tell the Baby Police though. Overall, he gets a healthy, balanced diet. A bowl of milupa now and then isn't gonna hurt anyone.

Hand in your Mammy Card right now and pass your baby on over to social services, how very dare you. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Strange, I thought weetabix got things moving rather than the opposite?

Yeah, in our family it's used for exactly those purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

started him on the readybrek and he loves it so far, in a few weeks i might add some weetabix to the readybrek maybe just a small amount to help with the bowel movements....

Advertisement