Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invasion Dublin

• 28-04-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

This is on the weekend. Anybody been? Is it worth a look?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Here's a gallery of a few photos I sent to a UK dwelling Jedi.. of the temporary hoarding outside the RDS, some nice localised artwork.

http://postimg.org/gallery/s4cmk5pq/

Two edits below.

SW_RDS_TROOPER_IMG_20140428_153852.jpg

SW_RDS_VADER_IMG_20140428_153841.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

lop11 wrote: »
    This is on the weekend. Anybody been? Is it worth a look?

I've been twice and while I'm struggling to find the enthusiasm to go again it's well worth a look if you've never been. Plenty of photo ops, dealers, special guests although in terms of big names this year's list of guests seems to be the weakest yet. I'd recommend it for first timers.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

I've been once. It was pretty good to me as someone who goes to conventions quite a lot and loves star wars. The best part of any of these conventions is always the costumes and the year I went they were all great. There's lots of cool props and things as well and plenty of things to take pics of.

I actually have a few spare tickets if anyone is interested, including OP. I'll sell them at a discount. PM me if anyone wants one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i'm surprised that it isnt really advertised. i checked upcoming events for the rds last month and it didnt even list it.

I'm heading there on sunday, mostly to try and pick up some decent memorabilia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Went along in the end. Got a few pics of the kids with stormtroopers and the like but overall I wasn't too impressed. The stalls and merchandising area was bigger than the actual exhibits area, which was way too small to accommodate the crowds comfortably. There was quite a lot of people present when we were there (Saturday afternoon) and it was tough going trying to get in and out of the exhibits area, with no separate entry and exit, especially when you have kids in tow.

I appreciate the efforts that the Emerald Garrison have put in since they started Invasion but I just felt that previous years were better with a lot more space to walk around and see stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I went along as well today and I was fairly disappointed. I walked to the end of the exhibits area and remember thinking, "is this it?" I don't want to seem too critical. The costumes and exhibits that were there were pretty cool, just not enough of them for me to consider going again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Any word on if this is happening in Dublin this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Just saw this is coming back in October, seems to be mixed reviews? I was going to get tickets for my partner who is a big Star Wars fan but would it be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

So it's coming up next week out in Swords. I'm thinking of bringing the kids along but the reviews on here so far as not hugely persuasive. Has anyone else got views on whether this is worth going along to (and if so are there any discounts out there as it's working out at €63.50 for the family)?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

I might spin up ...before Chewbacca and R3D2 are no more! Big event in london next year. That looks good.

Is anyone going? Seems very very quite on the net chat rooms and stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I brought my kids to this on Saturday and thought it was brilliant. They dressed up and got loads of attention from the garrison costume crowd. Even the missis thought it was great.

The sets and costumes were amazing and all we wanted to do was mingle with wookies, bounty hunters and take a load of pics. The kids are already talking about next year!

12094934_10208233118772514_7737809648558956486_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

see yiz in london next year so! all tickets are nearly sold out! and its not on for 9 months!!

Advertisement