Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home-ec Course

• 28-04-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello. I am a leaving cert student studying home-ec . At the moment we are doing our elective ( social studies ). We are doing creating emplyment. Our teacher is giving us reams of notes on these new scemes introduced in late 2013. Our book has a much simplier note done out on FAS. Our teacher claims that FAS is no longer there so in the exam we should answer on her notes on the new schemes ( Job Bridge and Pathways to employment ) . However she says that if we answer on FAS seeing as its in the textbook thats okay too. Can somebody please help me . Which one should I answer on in June ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

FAS no longer exists. It is now called Solas.

Also remember the textbook is not the syllabus. Look at the syllabus on www.curriculumonline.ie and see what topics have to be studied. A textbook is only one author's interpretation of the course.

Advertisement