Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polyglot Benny Lewis coming to Waterford

Options
  • 28-04-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just thought i would share this with you if anyone is interested in learning languages.

Benny Lewis will be down for a signing/ language meet up :)

Might pop along myself

https://www.facebook.com/events/635213276527727/?ref=5

H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

that guy is incredible with languages , which is impressive seeing that he done bad at languages in school

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I speak a number of languages myself, but something about his book really interested me, so instead of saying to myself that I know all this stuff already, I bought it and read it last week.

I must say it was a good read, and I'm particularly impressed with his approach of beginning communication right from the off. Well worth a look if you're interested in learning a language and are struggling.

What are the details? I can't access Facebook links from here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Details are....

Fluent in 3 months blogger Benny Lewis is coming to Waterford. Come meet him and get your book signed or have a chat about language learning at The Book Centre Waterford. The Book Centre 25 John Robert Square, Waterford, Co.Waterford Everyone is welcome!

Saturday, May 10at 1:00pm

I haven't read it yet... but i really like how he champions the whole "get out there and use tarzan speak" as early as possible as it will help you build confidence and improve your vocabulary by making mistakes etc... instead of thinking that you need to know everything before attempting to speak... i have been self learning spanish for the past few months and have a pretty good but basic grasp of it now... i just need to pluck up the courage now to actually start speaking to someone... haha

H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Heathen wrote: »
    Saturday, May 10at 1:00pm

Nice one... thank you, I might head down and say hello!

Advertisement