Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB overdraft criteria

Options
  • 28-04-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm in the process of switching current accounts over to PTSB from AIB. I had the option of applying for an overdraft which I did, for €1500 as it would be handy from time to time. I was curious to know if anyone else applied for one, and if so, if they were successful? I have a credit card and a couple of small-medium loans totalling 5K and my base salary is in the 50-55K range, so I'm hopeful they'll give it to me but you never know with banks nowadays and I'd love to know how other people got on.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

i went through the process of getting the 1000 documents or so that they needed to switch accounts from BOI, also wanted 1500euro overdraft. They process your account stuff first, regular calls, nice and professional and when that gets the ok they start asking for loads of other stuff for the OD not listed in their leaflets.
    The final straw for me came when they wanted 6 months of my CC statements even though i had given them the latest month( showing 0 owing on my credit card ), and had already given them 6 months current account statements which showed how much per month i transferred to my CC. For me thats a bit too personal( i had nothing to hide, its just the principle ) and i honestly dont see why they would need that info( i usually just use the CC for fuel and pay off the 250-300 euro at the end of the month ) when they could see everything from my current account( along with info which showed i was saving a good bit every month transferring to a savings account ).
    Had no other loans other than mortgage( not that large by post Celtic Tiger standards ), in the same job for several years, etc etc.

Anyways tried to get in contact with the guy who was setting up my account the day after i was asked for 6 months CC statements, was busy the day i rang and never heard from them again, and that was it.

So if youre prepared to get asked for more and more documentation for the OD, and dont mind letting them know absolutely everything you bought, where and when you had a drink, where you bought petrol/diesel etc. in the past 6 months then go for it, tbh i think they just wanted me having a current account with them and were hoping i would ask to drop my interest in the OD.

The whole thing pissed me off quite a bit as it takes a serious amount of time to gather all the relevent documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Jesus that sounds horrific. I did get a phone call from them asking for an extra proof of address as I had only sent in one original and a copy when they actually want two originals, that was last week and haven't heard anything since, so I'm assuming everything else is ok.

I'm surprised they asked for credit card statements as they already do a credit check which will give them your repayment history, but if they start messing around asking for extra documentation I'll just tell them thanks but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

Just got a phone call from them now, as part of my overdraft application, they want 6 months credit union loan statements and 12 months saving statements, none of this was mentioned in the booklet that I got. I'm going to just leave it because it'll be a pain for me to get a hold of them, and I don't see why they need that information from me as they will see my repayment history on my ICB file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Kalimah

That's the reason I wouldn't change banks- all that paperwork for an overdraft that's probably in place years. And as for 6 months credit union statements!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

magoo84 wrote: »
    Just got a phone call from them now, as part of my overdraft application, they want 6 months credit union loan statements and 12 months saving statements, none of this was mentioned in the booklet that I got. I'm going to just leave it because it'll be a pain for me to get a hold of them, and I don't see why they need that information from me as they will see my repayment history on my ICB file.

Your savings history wont be on the ICB and possibly not your credit union loan depending which CU you are with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement