Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilizer 10 10 20

• 28-04-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I am looking for some advise. I have been given a bag of 10 10 20 to use as a general fertilizer in my garden. I cannot find much information about it on the net. Can i use it as a general fertilizer for planted herbaceous boarders , shrubs , rose trees and lawns. And how should it be spread for these purposes. I don't have the original bag it came in so have no instructions and am concerned i may do more damage than good if its not suitable. Will appreciate all advise.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Lucy1021 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for some advise. I have been given a bag of 10 10 20 to use as a general fertilizer in my garden. I cannot find much information about it on the net. Can i use it as a general fertilizer for planted herbaceous boarders , shrubs , rose trees and lawns. And how should it be spread for these purposes. I don't have the original bag it came in so have no instructions and am concerned i may do more damage than good if its not suitable. Will appreciate all advise.

Its a good general fertilizer..
    Its just broadcast spread by hand..
    Shake a small ammount of this round the base of plants and the rain will wash it in..
    Use gloves and don't get it into your eyes as it stings like hell !!

A handful spread round a shrub would be plenty, maybe three times during the growing season, probably before mid Sept for the last application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lucy1021

Thanks Brian , i was afraid of over doing it.

Advertisement