Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Data Plans in Canada

Options
  • 28-04-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,
    Off to Edmonton in a few weeks, browsing at mobile packages which look very expensive, would at least need 3GB of data per month as well as unlimited texts etc, does anyone here know the best price plans? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Virgin
    70 bucks a month unlimited inside Canada calling and texts
    Free international text
    5 gigs Data a month
    Voicemail and callerid as standard as well

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

Cheers Mate

cheers mate any chance of a link to that price plan, can only see 3GB on website?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Roundtd181

Eire Celt,

If you are for Edmonton and are taking an unlocked phone with you Koodo is the best bet. I started off with Koodo and i am now with Bell but will be going back to Koodo very soon. Far better rates

Roundtd181 wrote: »
    Eire Celt,

If you are for Edmonton and are taking an unlocked phone with you Koodo is the best bet. I started off with Koodo and i am now with Bell but will be going back to Koodo very soon. Far better rates

Cheers mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yes I brought my iPhone 4S out, unlocked it and went with Koodo, excellent so far!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yes I brought my iPhone 4S out, unlocked it and went with Koodo, excellent so far!

Cool cheers mate, would you have any information on anyone who could jailbreak my phone around Edmonton/st.albert? Everything is working on my phone apart from mobile data due to the APN which is I'm told "unlockable" I reckon if I jailbreak it, it should work
    Cheers mate ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

What I had to do was submit a form online first of all so my UK provider could process the phone for unlocking. I had to wait a few days then took it into a phone shop in a mall down beside Whyte Ave, he sorted the rest of the unlocking out and I was good to go. I had to go in there because I didn't have access to iTunes.

What sort of phone you got?

Cheers for your advice with Koodo now they have by far the best deal cheers mate

Advertisement