Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerlifting gyms on the southside?

• 28-04-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I want to start powerlifting seriously, doing competitions etc. I've tried training by myself but I'm at the stage where I want to start training in a serious environment with other dedicated powerlifters that are competing regularly.

Does anyone know of a gym like this on the southside of the city? I'm aware of the Hercules Club in town but I'm looking for something closer to home (I'm in the Blackrock area). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 powerpete

If your on Facebook throw that question on to the IDFPA group page, there are plenty Dublin folk on there that should be able to help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Cill94

Thanks mate I'll do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭biinman

http://www.southsidestrengthandfitness.ie/

southside in sandyford

LOOKS AMAZING (i hear the trainers are EXCELLENT aswell)

would love to join

Thanks biinman :) I actually know about southside. Great setup they have there but to my knowledge there aren't competing powerlifters training there? The gym I'm in has just about all the equipment I need but I'm looking for training partners more than anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,303 ✭✭✭COH

Lots of guys and girls competing in Raw Condition Gym

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

What about East coast barbell in Blackrock? They are an oly gym I guess but may be some p.lifters there.

Also I've met 2 competitive power lifters in flyefit macken road.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

What about East coast barbell in Blackrock? They are an oly gym I guess but may be some p.lifters there.

ECB could be a good option for you op, you said you're in Blackrock so it would be close and there's a couple powerlifters training there.

SeaDaily wrote: »
    ECB could be a good option for you op, you said you're in Blackrock so it would be close and there's a couple powerlifters training there.

If that's the case I'd definitely be up for training there; they're only a 20 min walk from me. Was under the impression there were just oly lifters in ECB but I'll give them a ring to ask. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Maars

Cill94 wrote: »
    .... but to my knowledge there aren't competing powerlifters training there? ..

There are a few, many more who competed in the past and plenty of others with strong intentions like yourself...would definitely be worth a look.

Advertisement