Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody got any non toxic fly killer recommendations?

• 28-04-2014 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

We're already getting some bluebottles and flies in the house. I just wondered if anyone knows of any pet friendly sprays to kill them. I used to use the sticky strips buy my husband just moans that they're cruel. Frankly I don't care that it's cruel, I just need to keep them off the cat food and litter tray.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The best fly killer I ever had was a pitcher plant. It was so attractive to them that it actually caught flies as I was walking home from the shop with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

lavender spray is good to deter the little feckers they hate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

http://www.waycooldogs.com/a-ziplock-bag-of-water-and-4-pennies-no-flies/

just read this I wonder does it work have anybody tried this method of deterrent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

jimf wrote: »
    http://www.waycooldogs.com/a-ziplock-bag-of-water-and-4-pennies-no-flies/

just read this I wonder does it work have anybody tried this method of deterrent
    I'm allergic to lavender but I'm going to give this one a try at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

kylith wrote: »
    The best fly killer I ever had was a pitcher plant. It was so attractive to them that it actually caught flies as I was walking home from the shop with it.

Oh really? Are they difficult to look after?

Opposite to green fingers here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh really? Are they difficult to look after?

Opposite to green fingers here!

Very easy to look after. Just put them in a dish and keep the bottom inch of the pot covered in water.

Advertisement