Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN a Pebble Smartwatch and get set for Darkness Into Light!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Early bird, but I'll be whatever you want me to be for that watch babeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Night owl here but if i was getting up  at 4.15am to do a run Id have to go to bed early and set about 7 alarms as I normally do for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

I'm neither. Would need multiple alarms wihtout snooze function to get me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Early bird as it happens but don't like running too early. Think I'll be heading back to bed once the DIL run is over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Early to bed for sure. Making up for all the hours of sleep lost when I was young :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Hmmm. Sometimes one... sometimes the other.... but I need at least 8hrs sleep regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Total morning person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Early to bed , early to rise person.
    In bed before 10pm most nights and up at 6:30am most mornings.
    7:30 am at weekends (no lie in, thanks kids....)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'm early to bed.

I have to be.. up at 6 to walk the dgos before I leave for work.

I just set one alarm and thats enough for me : D

I don't like getting up late.. it's a waste of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jilloherlihy

I absolutely will need an alarm call to get me up! No chance of me staying awake til then! 

I've wanted to do DIL for three years now and I'm delighted I can take part this year in Bray. My birthday falls on the 11th May and DIL was always on the 11th too. I've two small children that would have been very disappointed not to find their Mommy in her bed for 6am birthday presents so I never did it.

I also need a pebble smart watch as I've just started to LOVE running and have amped my runs to 5-6 times a week - the Pebble would look very fancy on my wrist!

Also, It's my birthday on the 11th May!! 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm absolutely a night owl. I regularly find myself looking at the clock and saying to myself 'dammit it's 3am and I need to get up for work in a few hours...'. 

Could easily stay awake until 4am to go for a walk. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

In general, if I have to be up at a certain time (for something other than work :) ) I can wake up at whatever time I want without an alarm clock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Definitely an early bird, I like to have the world ot myself for a while beofre everyone else gets up and runis it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I'm a bit of both depending on how the moods takes me. I went to bed with an alarm set for DIL last year but was a bit slow to get going, so I'm planning on staying up for it this year to see how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

As much as I've tried to change it; I'm definitely night owl! I often find myself up at 4:30am without intending to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Think I'm more of an early bird. But not too early mind you.

I find that I prefer to get up early and get things done. With both myself and husband working full time and our son in school we only can grab a few hours together in the evenings in between chores, cooking, hobbies, tiredness etc. As we don't work weekends, they are ours to do as we wish and I find that we tend to get up early to make the most of the weekend. I find then that I am starting the snooze by 11pm. But we do have the occasional lazy morning, usually in the winter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Definitely w night owl. I have to set about 50 alarms for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Can a bird take catnaps? I tend to sleep when I'm sleepy, and stay awake otherwise. So could go to bed early, late, or somewhere in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

early-to-bed person that on occasion gets infiltrated by the night owl ;)I do get up at unusually early times at the weekend, sigh, but can manage to rouse outta the slumber in the middle of the night for a good reason, although could do with Mr Motivator AFTER my first coffee.........lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Night-owl. Definitely a night-owl. I could stay up until 4am and beyond sometimes, doing nothing but watching DVDs and wasting time on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

Hate going to bed and hate getting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

Night owl, me.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

Definitely a night owl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Definitely a night owl and could easily stay up till 4.15 but not too sure I'd be doing much walking or running at that ungodly hour:D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Complete night-owl, my sleeping pattern is all over the place, so I could very well still be up and about at 4am. Or else I might have been asleep, woken at 2am and then not been able to get back to sleep so just thought 'feck this' and gotten up super early. Once I'm asleep, it would be very difficult to wake me up though. Numerous alarms, or a small explosive device would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wake with the sun every morning but only because I forget to pull the blinds each night. Doesn;t mean I get straight out of bed though

Great fun staying up til a silly hour the odd time. When the Oscars were televised I headed down to Chicken Hut and bought a big box of erm chicken legs with a few beers and watched it with my brother! Then I realised 90% of the show was rubbish technical awards. Oh and the SuperBowl is another good one. Or for the finale of Lost. It's a laugh until you get to 9am and suddenly you feel like you've been up for about two years. One of these days I must do the whole queue up for an event thing that you often see people getting interviewed on telly for. 

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

I'm an early bird, early to bed and early to wise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise......just waiting for this to happen to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I'd regard that as early in the morning myself.

There's no such thing as 4;15am at night..unless you've been on the tear!! :)

• Advertisement

I used to be a complete night-owl... now I'm an early morning person!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement