Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN a Pebble Smartwatch and get set for Darkness Into Light!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rtyped

I'm usually reading until the wee hours, but lately I am also waking with the dawn! So both I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

every alarm in the house is going to be set - and I'm still afraid I'm not going to wake up!!! this'll be my first DiL and I'm really looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I used to work nights so staying awake is no problem. Once I am asleep though I need all the alarm clocks in the house to wake me back up. 

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Early bird.........

D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Early bird all the way, up with the lark, go for a walk, and at weekends sneak back into bed to catch up on my sleep. Morning air really clears the thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Definitely early to bed. Id need to set all the alarms and depend on my 7 month old to wake at his usual 4:00AM  :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cordangan

defo a night owl. i am on call at work and I get to see most dawn breaks as I make my lunch and prepare breakfast for the rest of the family. 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Early Bird, definitly need some sleep before attempting this !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Night owl all the way....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I'm a bit of a night owl, but 4.30am is about when I feel like going to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

No alarm could wake me up that early! staying until then would be no problem though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Night owl... It's not funny driving to work in the mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bradys2010

I am definitely in the Early Bird category which is evident from this 7am post. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭davey101

Alarm clocks haven't yet been designed that could possibly wake me mid sleeping cycle, Deffo have to stay awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 SP534

Night owl for sure. I've been a night owl most of my life, especially thanks to a love for books. Through the years I began to use the night to get stuff done that got pushed back during the day due to "real life" getting in the way and then I got to college... I'm now studying Engineering. So yeah, the night owl life will be with me for a long time yet for sure. Gotta love being up, living and getting stuff done when the rest of the country's come to a halt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm a complete night owl. I'd find life so much easier if it was acceptable to sleep until 3pm and stay awake until 7am!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

I'm a night owl, for sure - totally useless before 0900.  I've had to get up at 0430 plenty of times before to get to the airport, but for some reason I still don't go to bed before my usual time of 2330... and then I wonder why I'm tired when I get to whereever I'm going!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

My job as a musician occasionally involves leaving far flung parts of the county late and driving home...so no chance I could be an early bird. Anyway, the early worm gets eaten. 

• Registered Users Posts: 38 kmc25_1

I'm an early bird.
    But in a strange way.
    If I need to wake up early at a strange hour I'll set an alarm.
    But then I'll wake up a minute or 2 before the alarm goes off no matter what the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

Early bird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rabsmith2

“Early bird
    Oh, if you’re a bird,be an early bird,
    And catch the worm for your breakfast plate.
    If you’re a bird, be an early bird,
    But if you’re a worm sleep late.”
    Shel Silverstein

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Hears6

Early bird, I'd say, but still useless before about 5am, wouldn't mind getting up at an earlier hour for this, if I was in the area, for abit of fun.. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Im deffo a night owl... morning times are not my thing... I would probably stay up until 4.15am rather then get up! unless of course I had work the next day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Beckitt92

Defnitely a night owl, could stay up to all hours, whether it be for a grrrrreat cause like DIL or staying up til 7am at a sesh and finishing off the last of a few cans, both are good causes for staying up in my eyes.

But getting up early for work? literally set 12 alarms every morning,

So gewon give me the watch, my Michael Kors watch is starting to look a bit shabby (JK JK, as if, I'm an intern, best watch I could afford would be a Dora the explorer watch!)

Cheers,
    Rebecca
    The glorious poor nightowl intern.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

Unlike Beckitt , I'm a day person who just happens to stay up late  :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I like the idea of being an early bird, but find that, in truth, it's easier to avoid your bed then it is to leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thanks so much all for taking part, and for lots of excellent posts! :)

There can only be one lucky winner, whom we will select randomly, and we'll post their name back here in a short while!

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

And the smartwatch winner, chosen randomly, is... lotsofthegreen!

Congratulations lotsofthegreen, you will receive a private message in a moment.

To everyone else, thanks so much for taking part. If you are attending Darkness Into Light this Friday night/Saturday morning, have a wonderful time. It promises to be an incredible event!

And we'll have more competitions here on Boards in the near future. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement